• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is CUK advertising dodgy schemes again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is CUK advertising dodgy schemes again

I accidentally clicked on the home page just now and saw an advert for Network One offering unfeasibly large take home pay while claiming:-

Our umbrella company services work to remove the administrative burden associated with contracting, whilst significantly increasing your take home pay in a 100% HMRC compliant manner.
    Considering that the only thing lacking on their website is the name of our favourite tax barrister is it right that the site is advertising a dubious scheme on the same day that many former EBT and loan victims are receiving settlement letters from HMRC...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I accidentally clicked on the home page just now and saw an advert for Network One offering unfeasibly large take home pay while claiming:-

Considering that the only thing lacking on their website is the name of our favourite tax barrister is it right that the site is advertising a dubious scheme on the same day that many former EBT and loan victims are receiving settlement letters from HMRC...
    ...it's 100% HMRC compliant in that HMRC will get all the tax, and a lot more......

Comment

You should click on all the ads regularly - Admin needs a new Bentley

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
        ...it's 100% HMRC compliant in that HMRC will get all the tax, and a lot more......
        where's the "like" button?

Comment

Can anyone see what their offering is? Apparently you'll be better of than you would through a PSC or brolly but you're employed by the company and have all the rights of a permanent employee Mind you there is a bit on the site stating that HMRC may contact you and tell you that you haven't paid enough NIC's so I think that gives us a clue
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Is CUK advertising dodgy schemes again ??

I saw a 'Join The PCG banner' when I logged on, so, Yes !
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
              You should click on all the ads regularly - Admin needs a new Bentley
              Done!
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                Can anyone see what their offering is?
                A bit light on detail, isn't it - even by the standards of such schemes

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  A bit light on detail, isn't it - even by the standards of such schemes
                  Yes I cant quite work out what they're saying other than 'we promise you loads of money for absolutely no risk'
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    Yes I cant quite work out what they're saying other than 'we promise you loads of money for absolutely no risk'
                    The risk is whether joint shared ownership schemes will be deemed not 'designed' for use by umbrellas and will be pursued at some future point like EBTs are now. Its certainly very clever and legal as these are used by many big companies to reward staff, I guess it depends whether you think hector could go after umbrellas without companies like John Lewis falling foul as well - an interesting question?

Comment

Working...
                    X