• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best iPhone app for expense receipts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Ok, anything is claimable, of course.

What I did mean was not allowable for tax relief. Obviously.
    Sorry I thought you meant entertainment isn't a legitimate business expense and so isn't worth claiming.

It is both of those.

Comment

I use Genius Scan+ for iphone

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        To answer my own question, I have downloaded something called Expensify, which seems to be the answer. Enter the amount date, category etc and take a pic of the receipt. End of the month, generate a report, transfer to SJD sheet and archive. Paperless, once you have the scan. I'll give it a trial and report back, if anyone's interested ....

Looked also at Concur, which turns out to be for corporates, and requires opening a paid account, Shoebox, which describes itself as free but needs a subscription after the free trial expires and a couple others that were too rigid (e.g. no way to change the currency from $).
        How did you get on with it? Considering subscribing.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Surprised Receipt Bank hasn't been mentioned yet - really nice mobile app + OCR to spreadsheet / API to your software of choice.

Comment

Working...
          X