• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying computer accessories on company account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying computer accessories on company account

For business purposes I need to buy on Amazon certain computer accessories(new keyboard, mouse etc)
    I would like to use my business debit card instead of my personal+reimbursing expenses.
    I have my personal account on Amazon. Can I simply add my business card to the Amazon account and change the invoice/delivery address to the company one( so that I get an invoice issued on a business address)? or I should setup a separate account on Amazon for business?

It doesn't matter how its paid for (personal credit card / Business credit card) as long as its wholly and exclusively for business use. I buy stuff on my personal credit card then reimburse my expenses from my business account.
    Just keep Receipts

What keyboard to get.... hummmm

Last edited by CloudWalker; 12 August 2014, 08:20.

Comment

MyCo has its own Amazon account tied to the company bank account. I never see the point in spending my money on MyCo and then claiming it back and generating extra paperwork for no added value, but that's just me...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Unless you have a rewards credit card and you can earn points.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Unless you have a rewards credit card and you can earn points.
          This

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
            Can I simply add my business card to the Amazon account and change the invoice/delivery address to the company one( so that I get an invoice issued on a business address)?
            This is what I do. I see no need to create another Amazon account and having to remember the password for that one as well as my personal one.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I use my personal Amazon account, but will pay with company card, as I have Prime.
              Setting up a whole new account will mean no Prime (unless MyCo pays for it) = sometimes needing to pay for delivery
              latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
                For business purposes I need to buy on Amazon certain computer accessories(new keyboard, mouse etc)
                I would like to use my business debit card instead of my personal+reimbursing expenses.
                I have my personal account on Amazon. Can I simply add my business card to the Amazon account and change the invoice/delivery address to the company one( so that I get an invoice issued on a business address)? or I should setup a separate account on Amazon for business?
                It's fine to do either. I prefer to keep business/personal matters separate so have separate accounts.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether you use your personal account or set up a business one - there might be benefits to using your personal account (e.g. you have Prime and want to save YourCo delivery costs).

All that matters if you're making a company purchase and want it to be tax deductible is:

a) its wholly and exclusively for business purposes
                  b) its clear that you're making the purchase on YourCo's behalf

You should already know the answer to the first one and setting up YourCo as a new billing address with its name should satisfy the second point. It doesn't technically matter if you use the business debit card or pay for it on your own card and your company reimburses you (shouldn't need reporting on P11D if its a genuine company business expense) however in the spirit of keeping personal/business finances separate wherever possible my preference would be to use the business debit card directly.

The only potential thing to watch out for is if you're on the standard VAT scheme and want to reclaim the VAT on any purchase - you'll need to ensure you get a valid VAT invoice in YourCo's name. Amazon has the facility to enter your VAT details so as long as they are happy to issue a VAT invoice with YourCo's billing details you should be fine, but do double-check.

Comment

Working...
                  X