• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Christmas Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ask your accountant
    When I asked her if she would put this through, she kind of "ermmm" and "ummmm'd" about it and then said it should be fine, so wasnt sure if I should have asked her any more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmaz View Post
      When I asked her if she would put this through, she kind of "ermmm" and "ummmm'd" about it and then said it should be fine, so wasnt sure if I should have asked her any more about it.
      That would be the point I would ask for details. If she isn't sure then how can you make a decision on what to do. It's your neck that's on the block not hers.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If you normally provide your accountant with receipts then yes.

My accountant doesn't ask for physical copies of receipts, so i don't provide them to her.
        This is probably a daft question, but how does she know how much to put through? Does she get it from your bank account?

Comment

Is their a maximum duration limit on the £150 per head. I mean, could I claim one week summer holiday (camping) as the company outing event?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Is their a maximum duration limit on the £150 per head. I mean, could I claim one week summer holiday (camping) as the company outing event?
            There is no specific mention of a maximum duration but providing the total expenses incurred for the event don't exceed £150 / person i.e. if the camping was £149 but you had to eat, get there, take out insurance etc - all those costs would be taken into account. You can't pay for 'campsite' rental then pay the rest personally.

Equally, there have been instances where I've heard of HMRC disallowing expenditure where the event has not been truly annual e.g. a Christmas party that happened one year, but not the next.

Best bet (IMHO) is to keep it simple, keep it annual and make sure all the costs actually incurred for the event are included. If they total less than £150/person - that should help your case.

Comment

Working...
            X