• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If an agency sends an unsolicited email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If an agency sends an unsolicited email

Which contains an attached job spec and they were too stupid to remove the name of the author from the properties in the word doc, from which I can conclude who the end customer is.

The email has this text in it:
    If you are a candidate/consultant/jobseeker:
    You agree
    (a) not to contact directly and/or without our knowledge any of our clients to whom we have referred/introduced you
    (b) not to provide any services to a client that we have introduced you to, unless it is through a contract with us where we receive payment for our introduction services. This also applies in the event that you have been introduced to the client via another party, unless you communicate this to us within 24 hours, and we write to you to accept that we are not the introducer in that instance.
    In the event your actions or omissions cause a breach of these conditions you agree to pay a fee for damages, representing the likely loss to our business, which shall be limited to £10,000.

Can they enforce the above if I were to contact the end client directly? Again the email was sent totally unsolicited

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Which contains an attached job spec and they were too stupid to remove the name of the author from the properties in the word doc, from which I can conclude who the end customer is.

You agree
    (a) not to contact directly and/or without our knowledge any of our clients to whom we have referred/introduced you
    (b) not to provide any services to a client that we have introduced you to, unless it is through a contract with us where we receive payment for our introduction services. This also applies in the event that you have been introduced to the client via another party, unless you communicate this to us within 24 hours, and we write to you to accept that we are not the introducer in that instance.
    In the event your actions or omissions cause a breach of these conditions you agree to pay a fee for damages, representing the likely loss to our business, which shall be limited to £10,000.

Can they enforce the above if I were to contact the end client directly? Again the email was sent totally unsolicited
    - Have they introduced you to the client yet?
    - Did you agree to the terms?
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

You agree

If they were so dumb as to send that kind of info out in an unsolicited email then they are definitely fair game.

I doubt if they'll ever twig how you found out: 'just bad luck I guess'...

Idiots.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You can't enforce ANYTHING in an unsolicited e-mail - imagine the carnage if you could!

Comment

You agree

Regardless of any failure to take identifying data out of documents, any agent that offered me the opportunity of paying them 10K would be in the bin before they even started. I would also send them an email forbidding them to refer me anywhere.

If they sent the same document after an initial discussion about the role and failed to remove said data, I would view it differently and would not take advantage of their impropriety. That to me, is just fair business dealing. I would expect no less from them either.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            You can't enforce ANYTHING in an unsolicited e-mail - imagine the carnage if you could!
            Oh yes you can - you are my slave now, muahaahaahaa !

Boo

Comment

I'd be interested to know how many large clients that use agencies will take people on direct instead. I can't imagine it's that many.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I'd be interested to know how many large clients that use agencies will take people on direct instead. I can't imagine it's that many.
                Yes.
                Just use the info to get the jump on the agent.
                You know it's more than likely a real role.
                You know the expenditure for travel etc.
                You could get on LinkedIn and see what techies work there to suss the tech.
                You then customise your cv and submit via the agent and wait for bananas all round.
                Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
                  Yes.
                  Just use the info to get the jump on the agent.
                  You know it's more than likely a real role.
                  You know the expenditure for travel etc.
                  You could get on LinkedIn and see what techies work there to suss the tech.
                  You then customise your cv and submit via the agent and wait for bananas all round.
                  Eh?? This makes no sense to me.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Eh?? This makes no sense to me.
                    I'm agreeing that the client probably won't take someone direct.
                    Instead the OP should use the info found, to tailor the cv better for when he/she submits it through the agency.
                    Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
                    X