• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling laptop to end-client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    So why didn't you buy it through your ltd co?

Why not just grab the receipt now, and claim it as an expense?
    Sure, but that would be a different approach. If the end-client wants it, 100% of the expense is defrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      I was wondering why OP didn't put the laptop through the business, even if just as an expense if not that expensive.

Would have had to charge VAT when reselling but presumably ClientCo wouldn't have cared.
      You sure about that? Last time myco sold some old computers our accountant told us not to charge VAT on them as they were 2nd hand.

Although that was a few years ago and that account went to prison.....
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        You sure about that? Last time myco sold some old computers our accountant told us not to charge VAT on them as they were 2nd hand.

If you're VAT registered, you have to charge VAT on everything you sell unless its zero rated or exempt surely?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          If you're VAT registered, you have to charge VAT on everything you sell unless its zero rated or exempt surely?
          100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post

I think the less said about him the better eh? He was wrong.

Additionally, if you are on the FRS and originally reclaimed the VAT on a capital purchase over £2k, when you sell it you need to deal with that sale outside the FRS too (i.e. As you would in the standard scheme).

Comment

Working...
            X