• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch Online Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunch Online Accounting

Hello All,

Has anyone on here had experience with Crunch?

I am currently using FreeAgent and a friend to do my accounts, but have been considering trying either SJD, Nixon Williams or Crunch.

Thanks

Paul
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 20 January 2015, 12:15. Reason: URL removed
    Kind Regards,

Paul

They do a demo system you can play about with - have a look
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I use Crunch and I find them to be excellent.

I've always used them, so don't know how they compare to the others, but I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        They do a demo system you can play about with - have a look
        Thanks TheFaQQer, I have signed up for a demo of the software. So am just wondering how well the accounting side of things are.

Originally posted by JRCT
        I use Crunch and I find them to be excellent.

I've always used them, so don't know how they compare to the others, but I'm happy.
        Thanks. Sounds good
        Kind Regards,

Paul

Comment

I don't know whether it was just because it was a demo system, but I found that I couldn't do something in payroll that I wanted to do. I can't remember what it was, though - probably something to do with having more than one employee and struggling to set them up properly, IIRC.

Anyway, I couldn't get it to do what I wanted to do, so I stuck with InTouch who I'm very happy with.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I don't know whether it was just because it was a demo system, but I found that I couldn't do something in payroll that I wanted to do. I can't remember what it was, though - probably something to do with having more than one employee and struggling to set them up properly, IIRC.
            Yeah various bits of demo accounts are blocked off to stop people accidentally invoicing real people or trying to file actual payroll with HMRC - we're hoping to have it sandboxed soon so people can have a proper play around.

@slice16 - shout if you have any questions

Comment

Crunch for me. Left one of the big boys after 7 years and find it much more convenient and you get great service.
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Crunch are probably ok if you never need to ask anything out of the ordinary, as far as I can see whilst they do have some accountants, the number is pretty small for the huge number of clients that they claim to have.

I would imagine Crunch are also better for the contractor who has some experience, new contractors are probably better using someone like Nixon Williams.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

My only comment on this revolves around how "into" FreeAgent you are?

If you've only just set up a trial account, with negligible data, then sure, moving away won't be a big deal.

If you've got a reasonable amount of data in there and have grown to like it, why not find an accountant who'll work with FreeAgent? You'll find plenty of accountants will. If you switch to Crunch, you'll be using their in house software...from what I gather it's pretty good and does all you'll need, but if you were to want to move accountants later it'd be far more painful as you wouldn't realistically be able to port the bookkeeping data with you.

Comment

To add to Waldorf's post - if you are specifically looking for online functionality when completing your accounts then Nixon Williams do offer this. Our Vantage service combines the personal service that we have always offered with an online portal.

Comment

Working...
                    X