• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal advice for consultancy agreement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal advice for consultancy agreement?

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this so forgive my ignorance - I recently set up a private limited company with an ex-colleague and a client wants to hire us as consultants. We've been sent a pretty detailed consultancy agreement which all seems above board, however we'd rather get a legal professional to look over it for us before we sign anything. Obviously we want to keep costs to a minimum so does anyone know of a company that would check the document for us without charging a fortune?

Thanks!

Hannah

Originally posted by Hawkhj View Post
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this so forgive my ignorance - I recently set up a private limited company with an ex-colleague and a client wants to hire us as consultants. We've been sent a pretty detailed consultancy agreement which all seems above board, however we'd rather get a legal professional to look over it for us before we sign anything. Obviously we want to keep costs to a minimum so does anyone know of a company that would check the document for us without charging a fortune?

Thanks!

Hannah
    Have you tried QDOS? Qdos Consulting - Taxation and VAT - Employment Law - HR - Insurance - Contractor Insurance - IR35 - PI Insurance

Comment

I'd suggest someone with a wider commercial bias, perhaps Accountax or Egos. There are all sorts of potential gotchas in such agreements, IR35 being the least of them.

I assume you're not IPSE members (yet...) but if you are their supplier directory lists a few useful companies for this level of work.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Agree with mal.

Lawspeed is another option.

Comment

Working...
        X