• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

kb accountancy group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Emails and texts?? That's how you resolve issues that really annoy you?
    Maybe not texts, but what's wrong with emails ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Maybe not texts, but what's wrong with emails ?
      If you email someone and they don't reply use the damn phone e.g. your voice or go there in person.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        If you email someone and they don't reply use the damn phone e.g. your voice or go there in person.
        Send an email, they should respond to it. If they don't ditch and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Send an email, they should respond to it. If they don't ditch and move on.
          Rubbish. Email is too detached. People can ignore or put it off. You lose control the minute you hit send.

If you want to sort issues out you get them on the phone so they can't get away or put you off.

I just don't get how people think email can sort anything like this.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Any recent feedback or review for KB accountancy group?

Any recent reviews or experience with this outfit?

I have spoken to them and they have a lite package which includes freeagent? Also they provide free catch-up service.

But the discussions on this thread and another thread on this forum have put me off.

It was also mentioned on another thread that they are unregulated and are not member of any professional accountancy body, I tried looking on their website but couldn't see if things have changed.

As some other folks here, the person I spoke to knows what he is talking about. But, I am worried that I will not get good service and will be assigned to another junior accountant/book-keeper once I join them.

Here is the other thread that I found:
            https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-referral.html

Contractor Accountants | Accountancy Services | K&B Accountancy Group
            JSA SERVICES LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Comment

Plenty of other options around. Why are you so intent on using them based on the information you've found over others?

Comment

Not that much keen on using them, I am freeagent user and have been doing book-keeping, PAYE, VAT myself using freeagent. But, now looking to move to a freeagent accountant. Was shopping around and stumbled across their website, they provide a free catch-up service (essentially free CT600 and HMRC/CH accounts for previous year). Others are charging £500+ for 'catch-up services'.
                Decided to look-up here for feedback/reviews, although the two threads I found are old, they have similar feedback.

Anyone knows of another freeagent accountant who provide catch-up services at nominal rates?

Comment

Have look at the Accountant Recommendation sticky. They are all FA setups and have good feedback from respected users on here.

Does surprise me FA accountants charge catch up fees when you move from FA to FA but then I've never done it so might be more work required than I realise.

I hope I'm not diddling Chris out of some income here but I'm sure Maslins has stated they don't charge. That's the only feedback I have about catchups on that list. Doesn't mean the rest don't. Give a couple a ring and see if you like the cut of their jib.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Does surprise me FA accountants charge catch up fees when you move from FA to FA but then I've never done it so might be more work required than I realise.

I hope I'm not diddling Chris out of some income here but I'm sure Maslins has stated they don't charge. That's the only feedback I have about catchups on that list. Doesn't mean the rest don't. Give a couple a ring and see if you like the cut of their jib.
                    There's a bit of variation in what people consider "catch up fees", but by most people's definitions we do charge them. It wouldn't be full rate (eg if you joined 10 months in, it wouldn't be 10 x £99+VAT = £990+VAT), but we're not one of the firm's that are seemingly fine to just ignore this period either. With us, expect to pay broadly half what it would have been if you'd been with us the whole time.

Client being on FreeAgent already doesn't make too much difference. We'll still be responsible for preparing accurate statutory accounts, which may involve making lots of corrections to bookkeeping, potentially just a month or two after a client signs up.

Catch up fees definitely do put some people off, but the other choice is we basically do lots of early work for free, which doesn't appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                      There's a bit of variation in what people consider "catch up fees", but by most people's definitions we do charge them. It wouldn't be full rate (eg if you joined 10 months in, it wouldn't be 10 x £99+VAT = £990+VAT), but we're not one of the firm's that are seemingly fine to just ignore this period either. With us, expect to pay broadly half what it would have been if you'd been with us the whole time.

Client being on FreeAgent already doesn't make too much difference. We'll still be responsible for preparing accurate statutory accounts, which may involve making lots of corrections to bookkeeping, potentially just a month or two after a client signs up.

Catch up fees definitely do put some people off, but the other choice is we basically do lots of early work for free, which doesn't appeal.
                      I would invariably be wary of companies that don't charge catch up fees for switchers, as they are effectively able to do it because it is still less than their normal cost of acquisition, which will be a £400 voucher to the recruiter or the like. And those companies willing to throw £400 at a recruiter to win a client will want to make sure they get their money's worth from that new client...

Comment

Working...
                      X