• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
    Should have one more now
    Yep, that makes 5 this afternoon.

For any new people joining it's worth reading the past newsletters, definitely the Xmas 2014 one and the two from last month.

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

Comment

I'm going to reach out to as many people as I can remember and make sure they join. I've already managed 3 in the past but I know more.

Comment

3 more new members. Total of 8 this afternoon.

Why am I doing the hard sell?
        1. the more members we have the more it spreads the legal costs out amongst us
        2. the more members we have the more clout we have as a group
        3. I want as many people as possible to benefit from what we're doing
        4. I really believe this is the best chance I (and you) have of not being fleeced by HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

4. I really believe this is the best chance I (and you) have of not being fleeced by HMRC

+1
          As a remote member, I have to agree. Without the newsletters I would be relying on this forum for information and may have given up all hope. If you read this forum and feel frustrated or stressed then join. You will see the work being done and all the latest developments. Don't stand alone to beat a bully. United we stand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Totally get you but PM'd regarding concern over closing our doors

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
              Totally get you but PM'd regarding concern over closing our doors
              Personally I wouldn't support closing the doors. Even upping the membership fee to £300 was contentious.

There will be all sorts of reasons why people haven't joined NTRT up to now. We shouldn't turn anyone away no matter how late in the day.

At the end of the day there is no us and them. There is only us and HMRC.

Comment

NTRT support

Further donation made...

Comment

We've now had 10 new members since yesterday.

Comment

Waiting for pre-APN

I'm still waiting for my personal pre-APN notice, though I received a copy of the generic one sent through MontP.
                    I did dispute the first year HMRC enquiries as they queried after the 12mths, so maybe that's complicated it for them.
                    Anyway, made a further donation to NTRT.

Comment

New Members

I have managed to get 2 new members, and am currently reaching out to others......................long may the number increase and no need to ban people from joining!

Comment

Working...
                      X