• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by housesforcourses View Post
    I have had the same letter withdrawing all the APN's saying they were issued in error. Not forwarded withdrawal letters to Montpelier yet
    H4C - would mind sharing when you received the original APNs and roughly how much time elasped before you received the withdrawl.

Comment

Some light hearted relief...

I just nervously opened an A5 brown that landed on my doormat today.

I'm still within the 1-8 week window where apparently my APN will arrive so imagine my delight when I opened it and discovered the warrantee on my tumble dryer was about to expire!

Looks like I'll be able to sleep tonight...

Comment

Withdrawn APNs

I've informed Montpelier and asked if perhaps they'd had a hand in it somehow. They're checking their side.
        I've not forwarded to NTRT as yet, but can do if you guys feel it will help as well.

No Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny involved I'm afraid. Genuine letters and all matched up with the amounts showing as suspended in my online SA account. They read as follows:

Withdrawal of an accelerated payment notice

Scheme name: Manx Partnership (ref) IR35 arrangement (ref)
        Date notice issued: xxx
        Amount shown on the notice: xxx

We withdraw the accelerated payment notice issued to you because it should not have been issued. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. There is no need for you to take any further action or make any payment in relation to the notice.

If you have any questions, please phone us...

blah blah

Yours

Accelerated Payments

No idea why they were withdrawn, but let's hope it's not NI related.

Relative timescales for me:
        Day 1 - Notice of APN.
        Day 13 - APN letters received
        Day 54 - Withdrawal notice received
        Last edited by Stoic; 21 April 2015, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
          H4C - would mind sharing when you received the original APNs and roughly how much time elasped before you received the withdrawl.
          About 6 weeks between issue and withdrawal

Comment

Many thanks Stoic and H4C for sharing the timeframes. Did Monty ever confirm the validity of the APNs beforehand? If so, that would certainly make things interesting. More twists than an Agatha Christie.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              Unfortunately I doubt it's due to a change of heart, more like an admin error or as some have said nics or something else. Would love to think they've changed their mind of course!
              Grandfathering argument accepted maybe on some other scheme which could be applied to us? Seems very peculiar. You'd have thought that if they were going to reissue, they would have mentioned it - that'd be the decent thing to do, which would also explain why they didn't. I bet it was huge relief. Very odd indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                You'd have thought that if they were going to reissue, they would have mentioned it - that'd be the decent thing to do, which would also explain why they didn't.
                I had the same thought
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  I had the same thought
                  Lol - yep. Also love the arrogance of the apology. 'inconvenience'. Is that what they think they are doing to us? Being an inconvenience? Jesus wept.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                    Lol - yep. Also love the arrogance of the apology. 'inconvenience'. Is that what they think they are doing to us? Being an inconvenience? Jesus wept.
                    This is a great story for Tiger Aspects for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                      This is a great story for Tiger Aspects for sure!
                      Any time frame from Tiger yet? I did email Ruth Newton about 2 months ago and they still had no date.

Congrats to both who had APN withdrawn! I hope its the same for the rest of us.

Interesting that when HMRC make a mistake they can just withdraw their error. For Joe Public its criminal negligence!

Comment

Working...
                      X