• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying Co. assets - any limitations on what I can buy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmasoft View Post
    OK fair enough, guess I just saw it as a query that warranted an explanation. End of the day guess we all want to minimise the tax take.

I have to ask and will probably get shot down for it...what is a sockie?
    Ok, I'll bite.

A sockie is a fake ID created by one of several types of poster:-

Many times perma banned - Pure troll, often thinks it's a funny or clever persona, but 99% of the time that's only the opinion of the sockie maker.
    Comedy value ID from a real poster - This is sadly rare, but some exist, take James Tiberius Kirk ID as an example.
    Trolling account of a regular poster - Way to protect the main posting account but act like a total dick.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Ok, I'll bite.

A sockie is a fake ID created by one of several types of poster:-

Many times perma banned - Pure troll, often thinks it's a funny or clever persona, but 99% of the time that's only the opinion of the sockie maker.
      Comedy value ID from a real poster - This is sadly rare, but some exist, take James Tiberius Kirk ID as an example.
      Trolling account of a regular poster - Way to protect the main posting account but act like a total dick.
      OK thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X