• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does your industry matter when choosing an accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first accountant was... Shocking. I moved to SJD and never been happier with the service from my appointed accountant. I was a noob and needed / still appreciate the support pillar which I feel that I truly have there. I went from stress over tax, vat and business profitability to knowing exactly where I am all the time. It was the most sensible move I made.

Comment

Yes it depends. It is necessary to determine the industry experience of someone going to be an accountant prior to hire so that he can easily work out on your specific business needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Monika Goel View Post
        Yes it depends. It is necessary to determine the industry experience of someone going to be an accountant prior to hire so that he can easily work out on your specific business needs.
        Not at all. If an accountant is contractor savvy it makes not difference whether the contractor is in IT, O&G, Pharma, etc etc. The knowledge and expertise required is the same. Its a big SEO con-trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Monika Goel View Post
          I found your paper on "5 Reasons Why Accountants Should Use Cloud Computing" very interesting.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X