• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net Revenue forecasting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Revenue forecasting

Hi All,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out with a question I have. I'm trying to put together a basic and very 'crude' formula to enable me to do some revenue calculation comparisons.

Basically I want a spreadsheet with a different daily rate in each column, number of days worked in a month and VAT applied etc. I then want a formula to calculate my annual revenue (with some assumption on number of days worked over the year etc) and I want to apply a very basic formula to calculate the income net of tax (all tax - capital gains, income, VAT). But I'm not looking for a comprehensive set of calculations (I'll let my accountant do that for me). I'm looking for a very crude formula (like somewhere between 20 - 35% maybe?) to enable me to do some revenue forecasting and also some 'what if' analysis based on different business development options and different possible rates of pay being earned.

I hope my question is clear enough for people to answer but please advise if further clarification is required.

Thanks in advance for my replies

jonniu

Lol. If you can't work that out then how can you have any sort of grip on your company finances?

Comment

Thanks for your helpful post

Comment

Could you use the Nixon Williams takehome calculator and plug different rates into it? If you select the option to see more info it will show you some of the working too.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Could you use the Nixon Williams takehome calculator and plug different rates into it? If you select the option to see more info it will show you some of the working too.
          Oh I've never heard of that. I'll give it a whirl. Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            This will be fine for what you need. From memory it doesn't account for profits that you don't draw that would send you into higher rate tax - but that's an extra complication for your accountant

Comment

IT's not rocket science. For a rough estimate:

(((day rate) x (expected no of days worked per year)) - (likely expenses)) * 80%) will get you in the ball park. Or even simpler, assume net 70% of your gross and any more would be a bonus.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X