• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acct is charging me annual return fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£13. Isn't that less than a pint of milk these days? Actually, I am not sure. I must ask my butler.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Wouldn't MSC start to be a potential problem if you expect this or is it too small to bee an issue?
      I don't see it being an issue at all, it's just part of the agreed service that part of the accountants fees covers this as a disbursement. MSC shouldn't come into play on this one for me.

Martin
      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Normal. NW do all the work for me then just tell me to log on and pay the £13. No big deal its £13.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

You are better off if the accountant passes on the cost separately (as a disbursement). It could instead be lumped into the service fee as a hidden cost but would then be subject to VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            No big deal IMHO, it's only £13 once a year.
            That would equal £150k plus for people like SJD though. I imagine some small firms will pay it but I'm not aware of any of the big boys that would.

Comment

I wouldn't expect it to be included, but I wouldn't expect to be charged VAT on it either as it is a disbursement (make sure you haven't been).

Edit: Contreras makes a good point above re: VAT and disbursements too.

Comment

To be fair, unless specified elsewhere, it would be like going on an all inclusive holiday - getting your personal concierge to phone you a taxi, and then complaining that the taxi isn't free.

Like, the barclays personal assistant service if you have a premium account (or whatever it's called) can get you taxis, flowers, theatre tickets - but you still have to pay for them.

Comment

InTouch include it. My previous (more expensive) accountant didn't. But it's £13, so hardly a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    InTouch include it. My previous (more expensive) accountant didn't. But it's £13, so hardly a deal breaker.
                    This
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X