• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switched to Maslins recently and very pleased with their service.

Comment

Recently switched from Brookson (a complete shower) to inTouch and am quite content with their service...

Comment

Currently with SJD and am afraid I can't recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by freeplatypus View Post
          Has there been a noticeable fall in standards since the takeover?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            Not sure. I am not their client for long. And also can't compare them to others, but still I am not pleased. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              I finally left them after dismal service from my newly appointed contractor. The two people in charge I trusted to fix it left soon after the takeover so my trust in my branch fell apart. Decided to stick with a small startup headed by the ex SJD person. Going well so far. Couldn't comment on the whole of SJD though. They've been great to me over the last 8 years.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Same here, avoid. I have recently left them (July 2015), as the reason I joined them was to have an account manager, a single point of contact.
                After three months she left. Assigned to another guy who was utterly useless, so I complained and demanded someone who understood accounts. Got assigned to a third person who continually lost documents I sent her, and asked me for loads of documentation I'd already sent to her predecessor.

Sorry, but I can't recommend SJD, although initial impressions WERE good.

Comment

Totally agree with this!!!! Currently in the process of sourcing a new accountant...

Comment

Originally posted by anthony View Post
                    Totally agree with this!!!! Currently in the process of sourcing a new accountant...
                    I'd be interested to know if the takeover has had an effect on service levels (good or bad)?

Martin
                    Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
                      I'd be interested to know if the takeover has had an effect on service levels (good or bad)?

Martin
                      Contratax Ltd
                      Personal experience; yes there has been - but someone else may come along and so no all is still good for them......

Comment

Working...
                      X