• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant Recommendation

Hi all,

I am new to contracting in the UK and am looking for an accountant to help me the administrative hurdle.
    So far i found:

SJD
    Brookson
    Walker Smith Global
    Advance

Does anyone have experience with any of those or can you recommend one?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Thanks! Anyone has experience with the 4 firms I listed?

Comment

SJD have just put their fees up, Brookson do not get good reviews, never heard of the others. Give Nixon Williams a call.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

And for clarification, I will not be allowing 1st time posters in for the accountants I've never heard of.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            SJD have just put their fees up, Brookson do not get good reviews, never heard of the others. Give Nixon Williams a call.
            +1... also while intouch advertise here a lot they are not what they used to be..

Crunch has a very good website if its the admin you care about, not sure if you would always speak to the same people though..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              And for clarification, I will not be allowing 1st time posters in for the accountants I've never heard of.
              These were recommended to me by agencies. But I was unaware of the fee system before because I am still new to contracting. Thanks for the advice, I will give a call to NW.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Crunch has a very good website if its the admin you care about, not sure if you would always speak to the same people though..
                Yup, named account manager!

Comment

I chose PaperRocket Accounting when starting out almost two years ago.
                  Sarah's been extremely good to deal with on all matters regarding business. Both very quick to respond and proactive.

I believe she used to work for SJD.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcNY View Post
                    Hi all,

I am new to contracting in the UK and am looking for an accountant to help me the administrative hurdle.
                    So far i found:

SJD
                    Brookson
                    Walker Smith Global
                    Advance

Does anyone have experience with any of those or can you recommend one?
                    Always love a first time poster...

First work out what you are looking for and then find an accountant which matches your need.

Some of the questions you should ask yourself:

Do I understand the compliance around IR35/MSC and the consequences?
                    Should I go Limited or Umbrella?
                    Do I want to build a relationship with my accountant?
                    Do I want my accountant to educate me about my responsibilities as a Director?
                    Do I want an expert?
                    Do I want a local accountant?
                    Do I have time to take on more responsibility with my records?
                    Do I want my bookkeeping software online and user friendly?
                    Am I a spreadsheet person?
                    What level of fees do I want to pay?

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                    X