• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changes to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Reduction to 75k here

The Bank said: “The new limit has been set today at £75,000. However, HM Treasury has put in place legislation to maintain the existing limit of £85,000 until 31 December 2015 for depositors who were previously protected by the FSCS and continue to be protected (including individuals and small companies).”
    So you have until 31st Jan to make alternative arrangements if you have more than 75k on deposit in any single account.

1st Jan, surely?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      Reduction to 75k here

So you have until 31st Jan to make alternative arrangements if you have more than 75k on deposit in any single financial institution.
      just checking you knew that it wasn't just a single account.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        just checking you knew that it wasn't just a single account.
        Won't affect me I have 85p

Sorry for the errors I was in a rush.

Comment

Working...
        X