• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget dividend tax changes - anyone found a good calculator online yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget dividend tax changes - anyone found a good calculator online yet?

I'd like to get a handle on what the new rules will mean to me but can't yet find any calculators online...anyone seen one yet?

Cheers

I'd wait and get the real deal from your accountant to be honest. The online calculators can be flakey at best.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Patience, we've got until the end March 2016 to react to these changes. There's a lot that has been announced, and the devil may well be in the details. It'll take a while before the accountants, tax planners etc can give us the info we're looking for. Personally, I expect the worse (there's no way round it, we contractors are going to pay more tax) and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWebDev View Post
        Patience, we've got until the end March 2016 to react to these changes. There's a lot that has been announced, and the devil may well be in the details. It'll take a while before the accountants, tax planners etc can give us the info we're looking for. Personally, I expect the worse (there's no way round it, we contractors are going to pay more tax) and hope for the best.
        Let's hope the dividend tax is ditched or at least allowance raised to same as the higher band.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Let's hope the dividend tax is ditched or at least allowance raised to same as the higher band.
          It's clear to me that the new structure allows rates to be more easily aligned with income tax rates, eventually making the payment of dividends no more efficient than salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            It's clear to me that the new structure allows rates to be more easily aligned with income tax rates, eventually making the payment of dividends no more efficient than salary.
            Absolutely, I see this is an effective way of catching those that IR35 can't to make a level permanent / contract playing field regarding tax take.

Comment

I've got a spreadsheet that I've put together to estimate the changes to tax paid based on the budget proposals, if anyone wants a copy please PM me with your email address and I'll send it over.

There are loads of assumptions in it though because at this early stage there is still a lot of detail missing as to how the various changes will interact with each other. There will also be the potential for things to be tweaked between now and the next tax year due to the legislation process of this budget, the Autumn statement and the March budget net year.

Martin
              Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by TheMrs View Post
                I'd like to get a handle on what the new rules will mean to me but can't yet find any calculators online...anyone seen one yet?

Cheers
                try UK Tax Calculator 2015 2016 - Updated for the 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 Tax Year you should use multiple income calculator under personal tax.

Comment

I haven't checked the figures yet, but try this:
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 April 2016, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    I haven't checked the figures yet, but try this:
                    OMG I put some numbers in and contracting is dead. We are doomed I tell ye' doooomed!! I'm going to pack it in and go permie......
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 April 2016, 17:25.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X