• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

private ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

private ltd company

Hi all i was just wondering is there a threshold for turn over to be registered a ltd company i been told there is looking at about 30000 a year

No there is no threshold to set up a Ltd company.

The figure you are quoting is possibly when it becomes more tax efficient in comparison to going via an umbrella company.

Comment

Kenny is correct. There isn't any benefit to a ltd when you are below that threshold or there about. You could argue the slight savings of going ltd a bit above this are outweighed by the time and effort required as well.

Saying that we've been quoting that figure for at least a year or two now. Be interesting to know if any changes over time have affected that figure.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cc69 View Post
        Hi all i was just wondering is there a threshold for turn over to be registered a ltd company i been told there is looking at about 30000 a year
        No such limit. Interested to know who told you...

Comment

Working...
        X