• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HOw much dividends to pay for 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOw much dividends to pay for 2015

Hi,
    Sorry for a newbie question:
    I have a ltd where I am a director( i am an IT contractor):
    my salary as per my payslips is gross 999.60 every month,
    I dont know why is this amount: My accountant suggested this figure
    How much dividends shall i pay for the period from Apr 2015- Apr 2106 , I want to take one lump sum,
    Assuming I will continue to pay myself the same salary.
    The goal is to attract no tax on dividends
    I have seen some calculators online but being a newbie is tricky. I know it is somewhere in the range of 30k ..
    Appreciate your help

Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

At a very basic level the upper tax limit for 2014/2015 is £42,385, take away your gross salary (£999.6 * 12) leaves you £30389.80

But these are very simple figures so best ask your accountant.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You should definitely ask your accountant, and while you are at it, ask him why he has you paying a salary in excess of the tax free allowance, incurring both NI and income tax.
        Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        At a very basic level the upper tax limit for 2014/2015 is £42,385, take away your gross salary (£999.6 * 12) leaves you £30389.80

But these are very simple figures so best ask your accountant.
        These are very simple, wrong figures. Because of the way the dividend tax credit works, if you take this much you will be into the higher rate tax band and have tax liability.

Comment

As the other have said you do really need to talk to your accountant as it depends on your other income sources.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            You should definitely ask your accountant, and while you are at it, ask him why he has you paying a salary in excess of the tax free allowance, incurring both NI and income tax.

These are very simple, wrong figures. Because of the way the dividend tax credit works, if you take this much you will be into the higher rate tax band and have tax liability.
            Thanks
            I like the simple answer, which you provided, ( I will definately call him upon the figures, and ask why he suggested this figure,
            I have no other source of income,
            What will be the better figures to use. so that I dont fall out of the free allowance of NI and tax?
            Can someone suggest? Also if I already paid myself an excess for these months, May, june july ,aug, sept, ( shall I fix it by paying less for the coming months? or is it too late?.

Comment

Originally posted by shtek View Post
              Thanks
              I like the simple answer, which you provided, ( I will definately call him upon the figures, and ask why he suggested this figure,
              What will be the better figures to use. so that I dont fall out of the free allowance of NI and tax?
              Can someone suggest? Also if I already paid myself an excess for these months, May, june july ,aug, sept, ( shall I fix it by paying less for the coming months? or is it too late?.
              Ask your accountant... as has already been suggest multiple times.

He'll explain what illegal dividends are and if you've distributed any and try and help you understand budgeting as well. Guess what, they will also suggest how you fix it as well...

You getting the picture?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

I never said if the 30389 was gross or net
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hi,
                  Sorry for a newbie question:
                  I have a ltd where I am a director( i am an IT contractor):
                  my salary as per my payslips is gross 999.60 every month,
                  I dont know why is this amount: My accountant suggested this figure
                  How much dividends shall i pay for the period from Apr 2015- Apr 2106 , I want to take one lump sum,
                  Assuming I will continue to pay myself the same salary.
                  The goal is to attract no tax on dividends
                  I have seen some calculators online but being a newbie is tricky. I know it is somewhere in the range of 30k ..
                  Appreciate your help
                  £27,350.82

Comment

Thanks
                    Best figures are £883.33/month for salary and £2,648.75/month for dividends

You can fix by paying less (if you have already paid too much)

Comment

Working...
                    X