• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Declaring company assets/ tax return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenny@MyAccountantFriend View Post
    Yes each closed trade would create a profit or a loss to determine any tax payable.

If the business is day trading CGT may not apply as an individual as well as it is viewed as a trade as opposed to investment, so may explain the decision to go via a company.

Thanks!

As far as I know it's not exempt (only spread-betting), but as rules change constantly I couldn't answer without looking up more information

Comment

Originally posted by CupidAlaska View Post
      Thanks!

As far as I know it's not exempt (only spread-betting), but as rules change constantly I couldn't answer without looking up more information
      Spread-betting is tax free (betting being the keyword here). Regarding your trading being taxed under CGT (which would be better than LTD Co. trading), your individual circumstances and how you trade must be reviewed by an accountant. I hope you had a discussion with one prior to opening your company? It's a good idea to get in touch with a professional so you understand how eventual distribution of profit (hopefully) to yourself will be made.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonioDJCA View Post
        Spread-betting is tax free (betting being the keyword here). Regarding your trading being taxed under CGT (which would be better than LTD Co. trading), your individual circumstances and how you trade must be reviewed by an accountant. I hope you had a discussion with one prior to opening your company? It's a good idea to get in touch with a professional so you understand how eventual distribution of profit (hopefully) to yourself will be made.
        Thank you Antonio,

I have not found a suitable accountant yet. Do you know any? Or are you an accountant yourself?

Comment

Declaring company assets/ tax return

Do you have anything else to contribute instead of mocking?
          I'm helping! I'm trying to snap you out of pissing 10k away.....

100k lol!!

Comment

Thank you Antonio,

I have not found a suitable accountant yet. Do you know any? Or are you an accountant yourself?
            I am indeed, feel free to get in touch via our website & I will respond to you personally.

Comment

roulette has better odds

and it's tax free

Comment

10k into 100k

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                  10k into 100k
                  Yeah lol!!

Oh to be young and naive like CupidStunt....

Comment

Do you have anything else to contribute instead of mocking?
                    In most cases the answer to that on these forums will be "No".

Welcome to CUK!

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                      In most cases the answer to that on these forums will be "No".

Welcome to CUK!

I feel an infarction on it's way for trolling in the professional forums, I'll just take it on the chin like Bruce Forsyth would...

I was goaded tho!

Comment

Working...
                      X