• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Members Voluntary Liquidation Companies - Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And what is the risk of your bank going bust in the next couple of months?
    Not a clue, but even if it is 0.0000000001% that is too bigger risk for me.
    When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      From our perspective it being in a savings/current account with one bank makes negligible difference. Typically the bank in question will close both accounts at the same time.

Where it's spread across different banks, it can cause a problem. Reason being each bank will respond on their own timescales, so we might get some of your company's cash really quick, but then be waiting ages for the remainder.

Certainly makes our life easier if you combine it to be held with one bank.

Barclays and Cater Allen are without doubt the two best banks we deal with.
      HSBC/Santander are ok.
      Natwest/Lloyds/BoS/RBoS are painfully slow.
      Ah ok, well I use Cater Allen for current, and Santander and Aldermore for savings. I assume if I was to move it all in to Cater Allen it would be shifting to the account you open fairly swiftly.

Comment

Another TWO positive votes for MVL Online

Hi all,

I have nothing but praise for the services of MVL Online.

I went into permanent employment just over a year ago and hence started the Voluntary Liquidation of two limited companies.

Having been previously "done over" by a certain Mr Darren Upton (dodgy accountant) I was nervous signing over control of the bank accounts to anyone especially as the sums involved were significant.

I received 75% of the money within a few weeks of signing the paperwork (accounts were with HSBC) and today received the balance into my account for the second of the company closures.

The only delay to an otherwise easy, quick and professional service seem to be the HMRC.

Thank you to the MVL Online people - I am pretty sure from the above details you know who I am and I promised to post a review

Comment

Originally posted by swebb View Post
          Ah ok, well I use Cater Allen for current, and Santander and Aldermore for savings. I assume if I was to move it all in to Cater Allen it would be shifting to the account you open fairly swiftly.
          We should have funds from Cater Allen (and first distribution out to you) within a couple of weeks of our appointment. A few working days for us to create an estate bank account, then a few more for Cater Allen to process the request.

Comment

Positivity bandwagon!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon in praise of MVLOnline!

Recently completed mine, and the only flies in the ointment were both HMRC and NatWest (in terms of delays), but both completely out of MVLOnline's hands...their own service was exemplary.

Comment

Originally posted by swebb View Post
              If you have over the FCA in CA + Santander you arent protected for the surplus anyway as they are the same group.

Comment

Originally posted by Underbase View Post
                If you have over the FCA in CA + Santander you arent protected for the surplus anyway as they are the same group.
                Nope checked that out ages ago before going with Santander. They are the same group but they actually have different licences which means I am covered for the FSA limit with each independently. I confirmed that with both and my accountant.

Comment

Why the transfer of funds?

This question is aimed at Maslins.

On their website part of the closing down process is "Company funds transferred to liquidation estate account".

Why do the funds have to be transferred at all to another third party account?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
                    This question is aimed at Maslins.

On their website part of the closing down process is "Company funds transferred to liquidation estate account".

Why do the funds have to be transferred at all to another third party account?

Thank you
                    Google is your friend.
                    http://www.companyrescue.co.uk/credi...re-and-process
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      There is a section explain what the liquidator does. Essentially they are impartial middle man.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X