• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning to contracting - New company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to contracting - New company

Hi All

I left contracting back in March and closed my company.

Fast forward six months, two perm jobs and a contract via an umberlla. I am now looking at contracting going forward and needing a Ltd to do it through. (its been a mad six months!)

So do we think I will be fine to start a new company without attracting the ‘Transactions in Securities’ rule.

I think I can demonstrate I didn't close my company to avoid tax and I have had a clear break in trade.

Thoughts?

Based on the above I would say you wouldn't have any issues, as it appears your intentions were not to resume contracting when you closed your company.

This is of course only my opinion though and assume the original company has been fully dissolved now.

Comment

All that in 6 months?? Wow lol. I'd be more than comfortable with that situation.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would agree as it seems like your intentions were not to resume contracting.

That does seem like a mad six months though welcome back!

Comment

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Yeah its been a mad and pretty depressing six months really. I came out of a long running contract back in March and was offered what seemed a really good perm gig at a new company. Turned out to be a nightmare and threw in the towel before they tried fixing me into notice periods. Market was dry and roles where naff so just had time off. Then was offered a short term contract which I enjoyed. While doing that I was offered what looked liked another really good perm gig. Different company more tulip.

Starting contract on Wednesday

Guess I am just not cut out for permanent employment

Comment

I thought me having 2 permanent jobs in 4 years was bad.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Sadly most people will stick through with something they dislike and accept any tulip that comes their way. Good on you

Comment

does it have any effect if in March he took entrepreneur relief?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  Sadly most people will stick through with something they dislike and accept any tulip that comes their way. Good on you
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny@MyAccountantFriend View Post
                    and assume the original company has been fully dissolved now.
                    I suppose this might be a problem....

Its currently "Active — Active proposal to strike off"

Not sure why this didn't start happening back in April... I haven't done any trade since mid March.

Comment

Working...
                    X