• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you written to David Norris to give your ideas on taxation? Care to share?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you written to David Norris to give your ideas on taxation? Care to share?

(please remember this post is NOT in the general thread)

In the article David Morris proposes new tax system for self-employed our Self Employment Ambassador, David, says

I am always happy to hear from self-employed people with how they feel legislation can change for the better to help their business thrive.

Please contact me with your ideas which I can feed into the Department for Business by emailing [email protected].
    Myself, I don't have any concrete "ideas", my main concerns are:

1. That I think we need to be able to compete with ALL our competitors, particularly the larger consultancies and software providers, so whatever is tax deductible for them should also be tax deductible for us.

2. Rewards should be good for the risks we take by operating through a Ltd Co business model and that we should have flexibility when to take the earnings out.

I am considering sending him an email to tell him this.
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 23 October 2015, 16:46. Reason: clarified concerns
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Working...
X