• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EOY accts due

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT etc I assume. At least the funds should be available to pay the bill when it falls due.

Comment

I'm guessing then that there's been no payroll done, and likely everything bar the 23% has been withdrawn without a dividend declaration, making it a huge director's loan?

Get an accountant to get the basic setup done right, it will save you money.

Comment

Just a quick warning
        If you are planning on submitting yourself via the HMRC website, you will need to activate your Corporation tax online to do so and this will take around a week for the activation code to come through the post to you, which will not give you much time to submit the accounts if they are due next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sung View Post
          Can I presume that's a largely DIY service that basically handholds you as you prep your own statements but you have an actual Acct to fire questions off of for the trickiest parts?
          That is putting so basically I can't agree. The software automates much of the work like linking with bank accounts, allowing submission of VAT etc. The accountant also carries out regular reviews as well as offering advice when you need it. They also keep abreast of important changes in legislation and so on.

All that for 80 quid a month?? It will be a hell of a lot more expensive not to have one.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

@Kenny - I've decided to get quotes tomorrow to get an Accountant to do my P+L/Balance Sheet/Dir's Report. As a micro-entity, I'd be grateful for ballpark how much I should pay out.

@meridian - The account, including the 23%, was zeroed down earlier this year. That money is sitting in my personal account, I just haven't yet touched it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sung View Post
              @meridian - The account, including the 23%, was zeroed down earlier this year. That money is sitting in my personal account, I just haven't yet touched it yet.
              So your company paid you a loan - are you paying interest on the loan at the appropriate level?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                So your company paid you a loan - are you paying interest on the loan at the appropriate level?
                Why do I think this is going to end in tears lol....

Comment

So you have issued the odd invoice - kept a record of nothing - probably paid the wrong amount of tax on your income, not paid any NI or whatever (depending on what level of salary you have paid yourself). No real record of expenses. You don't understand the difference between your company account and your money. Good luck. I hope you are now getting all your paperwork together quickly and working out what you think is missing.
                  If I was an accountant I would either A) run fast or B) charge a huge amount to do the work.

Comment

Get a decent accountant hired, a good one will have you straightened out in an afternoon.
                    He'll charge you a grand though.
                    Last edited by LucidDementia; 4 November 2015, 19:44.
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
                      So you have issued the odd invoice - kept a record of nothing - probably paid the wrong amount of tax on your income, not paid any NI or whatever (depending on what level of salary you have paid yourself). No real record of expenses. You don't understand the difference between your company account and your money. Good luck. I hope you are now getting all your paperwork together quickly and working out what you think is missing.
                      If I was an accountant I would either A) run fast or B) charge a huge amount to do the work.
                      You forgot to mention illegal dividends....

Comment

Working...
                      X