• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ER - for legitimate reasons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ER - for legitimate reasons

What are people's thoughts on what will happen with ER? I plan on emigrating next year so I was planning on building up a nice warchest and then closing the company down and moving aboard, so obviously I'm very interested in what happens with ER. Is the general feeling that they will try to stop people who take the piss and close down a company, only to open a similar one straight away or will they stop 1 man band companies from availing of the relief completely?

Originally posted by moneymoney View Post
    What are people's thoughts on what will happen with ER? I plan on emigrating next year so I was planning on building up a nice warchest and then closing the company down and moving aboard, so obviously I'm very interested in what happens with ER. Is the general feeling that they will try to stop people who take the piss and close down a company, only to open a similar one straight away or will they stop 1 man band companies from availing of the relief completely?
    There are already rules preventing someone getting CGT treatment when closing a company then starting another one straight away, see "transactions in securities".

Ignoring the starting again bit, who knows. Certainly the final bit on this BBC page seems pretty confident it's for the chop very soon.

Comment

Working...
    X