• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Childcare - an allowable/valid limited company expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Are you an employee? I'm not.

Childcare is available to office holders as well as employees.
    You dont pay yourself a salary?

Are you 100% sure about this? Pretty sure advice my accountant gave was that childcare was only available to EMPLOYEES of the company.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      You dont pay yourself a salary?

Are you 100% sure about this? Pretty sure advice my accountant gave was that childcare was only available to EMPLOYEES of the company.
      Yes I do and my wife also has a salary but neither of us are employees.

My accountant confirmed that the benefit is available to any office holder. I don't think it's conditional on receiving a salary either.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        Yes I do and my wife also has a salary but neither of us are employees.

My accountant confirmed that the benefit is available to any office holder. I don't think it's conditional on receiving a salary either.
        OK. Know what you mean. If you dont mind me asking - local accountant or national one?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          OK. Know what you mean. If you dont mind me asking - local accountant or national one?
          Online Accountants for Freelancers and Small Business - FreeAgent London

Comment

Working...
          X