• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reconsider the new Dividend Tax for small businesses - Gouvernment Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconsider the new Dividend Tax for small businesses - Gouvernment Petition

I do not know how many of you are aware on the extra tax on dividends that the government is introducing. The government want to stop business owners being paid via dividends to reduce tax bills. This flies in the face of risk & reward for running a business & contributing to the economy. Life as a business owner means very long hours, low pay, stress, no holiday or sick pay & a life of uncertainty & worry.

There are already 41.000 signatures, however to make a difference we need to reach 100.000 by 28th Feb 2016.

The petition can be signed at: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106525

Review the petition and decide if it is something you would like to contribute and share with others!

Originally posted by focus View Post
    I do not know how many of you are aware on the extra tax on dividends that the government is introducing. The government want to stop business owners being paid via dividends to reduce tax bills. This flies in the face of risk & reward for running a business & contributing to the economy. Life as a business owner means very long hours, low pay, stress, no holiday or sick pay & a life of uncertainty & worry.

There are already 41.000 signatures, however to make a difference we need to reach 100.000 by 28th Feb 2016.

The petition can be signed at: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106525

Review the petition and decide if it is something you would like to contribute and share with others!
    I wasn't aware of this. Care to furnish us with some details so we understand???
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I wasn't aware of this. Care to furnish us with some details so we understand???
      +1 and Thanks!
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

(I had to stop myself posting the same)

Comment

Save time - why not ask your accountant about it?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by focus View Post
            It won't make a difference even if you reach 10 mln.

Govt already gave their answer to the petition anyway, from their point of view 2% reduction in corp tax staged over 5 years is good enough for increasing dividend taxation by 30%+.

Comment

Dividend tax? Surely, some mistake. Do tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It won't make a difference even if you reach 10 mln.
                Actually, 10 million probably would Gidiot's a realist. He'd sell-out north of 1 million, being the largest petition on parliament.gov ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Actually, 10 million probably would Gidiot's a realist. He'd sell-out north of 1 million, being the largest petition on parliament.gov ever.
                  Ok, at 10 mln he would, but that will never happen. 1 mln is also unreachable - public got zero sympathy for those who get dividends (bloody rich people!). And those who got BTL.

Those who voted for Tories (like me) should take great offense and make sure that in the next elections Tory candidates lose their seats, even if it requires backing Labour for that.

Petitions won't do squat - get even instead at the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Save time - why not ask your accountant about it?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X