• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract - Daily Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract - Daily Expenses

Hi All
    I have just received the following from the agency supplying my contract for the client. It has the following included regarding claims. Is this normal, as i was expecting to claim travel and subsistence ?

Originally posted by zayn View Post
    Hi All
    I have just received the following from the agency supplying my contract for the client. It has the following included regarding claims. Is this normal, as i was expecting to claim travel and subsistence ?

Are you carrying out the work as a contractor or, in effect, a disguised consultant? As in, are you working for a client on their site or, for example, working for Accenture on site at Barcap?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Hi All
      It's very common for rates to include subsistence and travel between YourCo's office and the client site but there is no standard in these matters, it's whatever you are able to negotiate.

Boo2

Comment

You can claim the T&S as expenses from your LTD.
        The client won't pay any extra expenses, over the agreed day rate, unless it is signed off.

If you were expecting the client to pay these, on top, you should have agreed this prior to accepting the contract.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hi All

It's rare (in my experience) to claim normal food and travel from your end client, unless overseas.

What's the chain? You > Your Limited Company > Agency > Client? You > umbrella > agency > client?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            It's rare (in my experience) to claim normal food and travel from your end client, unless overseas.
            +1 to this
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Its basically saying if you want to claim expenses claim them from your LtdCo not us, a clause like this would only be an issue i the client was sending you onto different locations during the assignement
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hope OP hasn't signed a contract 200 miles from home thinking the client was going to pay for hotel/petrol and now he finds out thats not the case.....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Hi All

No following....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Are you carrying out the work as a contractor or, in effect, a disguised consultant? As in, are you working for a client on their site or, for example, working for Accenture on site at Barcap?
                    I am a Client working onsite as in your example BarCap , But the goal post's seem to have changed the Agency Consultant who got me the Gig said initial 3 months rolling now i read the contract it say only until 31st March 2016 . I have already setup a LTD company through an Accountant, but at present this is going to be very costly if i cannot claim back any daily expenses ..

Comment

Working...
                    X