• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company bicycle as asset including GPS cycle computer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gillingham Jilly View Post
    They tell me to claim the home office allowance, yes.

This is one of the big outfits that have a presence on this website so I assume their advice can be trusted...
    Well we don't know your circumstances and how much time you work from home i,e,whether it's mainly for the use of business or if you are a 5 days a week on site contractor. I'd suggest you go back and ask them to explain this in great detail until you are satisfied about the risk you are shouldering. Or you could just sit there and take their advice.. Up to you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gillingham Jilly View Post
      They tell me to claim the home office allowance, yes.

This is one of the big outfits that have a presence on this website so I assume their advice can be trusted...
      When HMRC come around to query everything it's you who pays the fines not the accountant. Therefore it's up to you to understand when and why you can claim something.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        No. Your house has broadband which is used by all members of the family and sucks many gig for Netflix and all the other social stuff you do. For 8 hours a day you tinker on it. That's never going to be for business use with incidental private. If you are one of these accountants that just says yeah do it you'll be fine then maybe, but that's not the type of accountant most people want.

Talk about not understanding your customers With all this tulip advice out on the web how on earth are you going to convince contractors pay you for the same?
        There you go again not understanding the tax rules.

Broadband, phone contracts even school fees, holidays etc are all allowable for the company if the contract and invoice is made out to the company.

The other side of the coin is what you declare on your P11D as a benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by UK Contractor Accountant View Post
          There you go again not understanding the tax rules.

Broadband, phone contracts even school fees, holidays etc are all allowable for the company if the contract and invoice is made out to the company.

The other side of the coin is what you declare on your P11D as a benefit.
          :
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X