• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Newcomer Umbrella Scenario

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lisa,
    This is a first 6 month contract with a perspective to renew. It's a long term project for five years in a bank.
    The umbrella company will help me in the registration process in Hungary and will make the invoices for the recruiting agency. The recruiting agency receives the funds from a consultancy company who has this project on a bank in Hungary. I am expecting tomorrow for the financial forecast from the umbrella company so I can decide and give the "ok" to the recruiting agency who will define the contract.

Comment

Group Chesterfield appear (from Googling) to be an interesting company, website doesn't give any details as such. I'm not sure whether I would want to trust them to be handling all my earnings or not.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Hi Fred, yes I haven't found anything bad about them. I read a small positive comment here in the forum. I have been speaking with one older person there who is very accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by Inq View Post
          Hi Lisa,
          This is a first 6 month contract with a perspective to renew. It's a long term project for five years in a bank.
          The umbrella company will help me in the registration process in Hungary and will make the invoices for the recruiting agency. The recruiting agency receives the funds from a consultancy company who has this project on a bank in Hungary. I am expecting tomorrow for the financial forecast from the umbrella company so I can decide and give the "ok" to the recruiting agency who will define the contract.
          When they give you the financial forecast just have a look on Google to see what the standard rates of tax are in Hungary - this should start you off Hungary - Taxation | ExpatFocus.com and then make sure that the take home pay you are being promised is comparable. The lowest tax rate appears to be 20% so if you are promised 85% of your earnings as your take home pay then there's something not quite right. Corporation tax is very low at 16% so that may be something you could look at moving forward

Good luck
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I still didn't receive my financial forecast, let's see if I have it tomorrow.
            Lisa, does your company works with Hungary contractors?

Comment

Oh Dear

I suggest you apologise to Lisa.

Just because someone is female and posts here doesn't mean they aren't the boss.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nope they only deal with full up ones. Boooom tish....
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Oh Dear

I suggest you apologise to Lisa.

Just because someone is female and posts here doesn't mean they aren't the boss.
                  And don't even go near the older person comment...
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    And don't even go near the older person comment...
                    Watch it sonny

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

No, I am sorry we don't - we only deal with contractors who fall under the UK tax regime and you wouldn't in this case.

Best advice I can give you is to find a good accountant in Hungary

Good luck

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X