• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who shall I use for my business banking? ££

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Bank of India has a 1.5% savings account. I don't have one, so no idea good/bad.

Comment

I use Santander, I think their business banking website is good.
      HSBC business banking website is crap

I also like Santander because it works well with QuickBooks Online and you don't have to carry around a security device to log in.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
        I'm moving to MB, they pay 0.25 on business savings account.
        You can get much better elsewhere.

Aldermore and CC Bank are the two that I use. I looked at Nationwide as well when I was getting close to £75k in both Aldermore and CC Bank, but then I just paid a dividend instead and that solved the "problem"

Comment

Of the free business bank accounts, it seems to me that Metro Bank trump Cater Allen as Metro support Faster Payments and also have a smartphone app.

However, before I sign up, can anyone already using a Metro Business Account (with the free 'Business Internet Banking' option) help me with the following?:
          1. What options are available to download transactions? (I'm hoping it's possible to download as OFX, QIF, or CSV, however Metro staff in store say they only support downloading PDF statements ).
          2. Has anyone successfully set up an automatic bank feed to FreeAgent? (FreeAgent say they support feeds from Metro Bank UK, but Metro staff say they've never heard of FreeAgent or Yodlee and therefore it's not supported).

Don't want to waste my time setting up an account if they don't support these features, so if anyone can confirm either way it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

z
          Last edited by zcapr17; 3 September 2016, 16:56.

Comment

I wanted an account there, but the nearest branch is nearly 200 miles away. They won't open account unless you go to a branch.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by zcapr17 View Post
              Of the free business bank accounts, it seems to me that Metro Bank trump Cater Allen as Metro support Faster Payments and also have a smartphone app.

However, before I sign up, can anyone already using a Metro Business Account (with the free 'Business Internet Banking' option) help me with the following?:

What options are available to download transactions? (I'm hoping it's possible to download as OFX, QIF, or CSV, however Metro staff in store say they only support downloading PDF statements ).
              If you go for their business online plus account, you can definitely download transactions as CSV.
              You may find that the free account is limited, but that's part of what you get for nothing.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                Been with Lloyds personally for decades and business-wise since I went contracting in 2007. Initially a free period and then a £5pm charge.

Currently charge me £5.50 per month but has never missed a beat, and what is £5.50 to a contractor.
                Yes and the very same bank will pay you circa £15 interest a month for lodging £5k with them in a personal account.

Comment

Currently using Yorkshire Bank for their free service, very happy
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Just got a letter saying Natwest is dropping my average fees by ~£5 a month, I only pay about £8.50 a month at the moment so hassle wise that is more than acceptable to avoid moving
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm with Natwest and I used to pay a flat fee of £5 a month for the Business Plus tariff but they've scrapped that and reverted to charging per transaction, not sure if it's going to cost more of not but if it is I'll be off to Lloyds.
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X