• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocks in the 2016/17 PAYE codes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks in the 2016/17 PAYE codes

Shocks in the 2016/17 PAYE codes | AccountingWEB

The dividend tax comes into effect on 6 April 2016, and applies to all dividends the individual receives in excess of £5,000 per tax year. The average company director who takes a modest salary within his personal allowance, and the rest of his income from the company as dividends, will pay more tax in 2016/17 than he did in 2015/16.

Under self assessment this additional tax would be payable by 31 January 2018, as the balancing payment for that tax year. However, HMRC doesn’t want to wait that long for the extra tax, so it has amended the tax codes of many owner/directors to “code out” an estimated amount, which is approximate to the dividend tax due for the year.
    Apologies if this is a KUATB post.

Time to keep an eye out for the the next round of coding notices.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

The worst I have seen so far is a k3600 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Shocks in the 2016/17 PAYE codes | AccountingWEB

Apologies if this is a KUATB post.

Time to keep an eye out for the the next round of coding notices.
      There was something about this but I CBA to look for it, I think you an contact Hector and ask them to correct it to give you your proper code.

EDIT:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...de-change.html
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There is a useful link in that article.

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/P2
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny@MyAccountantFriend View Post
          The worst I have seen so far is a k3600 so far.
          K codes are good I thought? Certainly based on the calculator on here, it would get you at 81k takehome from 100k rather than 65k
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            K codes are good I thought? Certainly based on the calculator on here, it would get you at 81k takehome from 100k rather than 65k
            No, something wrong there I think - on a K code you pay tax on more than you earn
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

This now scares me... as I have been wondering how my tax bill next year is going to screw me over.

Basically, the last two years I have been pretty giddy with the dividends I have taken out (buying a house and planning a wedding)... so I have done Payment on Account this year (totalling around 10k), and will have something similar 17/18. So with these new codes coming out.. I imagine they will basically take all my money from day 1??
              Kind Regards,

Paul

Comment

They will try to.

As the linked article points out you can write back to them and request that the tax code be changed to remove the dividend estimates.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                X