• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ir35 contract review - what to expect?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They are often two separate products. The review is one and them the cover is another. QDOS will charge the review and then you can take out the insurance. Dunno if IPSE is the same. The TLC35 option does then allow one free basic review though I believe.

IPSE+ is a no brainer if you decide to take a different policy out either way. It covers you for jury service, business interruption and quite a few other things that are worth having.
    Yes, I saw that IPSE+ offers some other benefits but in order to be fair, I looked at the cover that provides the IR35 support.

QDOS have a single product (the one you and I mentioned - TLC35) for £199 that combines Unlimited IR35 Contract Assessments + Defence Support + Insurance Payout hence my post above which seems to suggest it is incredible value
    Last edited by Freud; 19 October 2016, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Freud View Post

If I have, surely the QDOS service is the most comprehensive and best value but am I missing something here ?

Thanks
      Yes you are. The QDOS price is 'from £199', if you start adding payout insurance the price sky rockets. Didn't bother to look at the others I only checked QDOS as I got my contract review done through them recently and thought your quote was very cheap.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Yes you are. The QDOS price is 'from £199', if you start adding payout insurance the price sky rockets. Didn't bother to look at the others I only checked QDOS as I got my contract review done through them recently and thought your quote was very cheap.
        Ah, I missed this as I didn't take it through to checkout.

So I guess £199 covers unlimited contract reviews +defence support + minimum (£25k) payout ?

Comment

Ah, I missed this as I didn't take it through to checkout.

So I guess £199 covers unlimited contract reviews +defence support + minimum (£25k) payout ?
          Don't guess. speak to them. They've always been really helpful on the phone. It's good you have an idea so can't be over sold but for stuff like this get it straight from the horses mouth.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, I saw that IPSE+ offers some other benefits but in order to be fair, I looked at the cover that provides the IR35 support.

QDOS have a single product (the one you and I mentioned - TLC35) for £199 that combines Unlimited IR35 Contract Assessments + Defence Support + Insurance Payout hence my post above which seems to suggest it is incredible value
            The IPSE+ package of cover will cost somewhere over £1k if you bought it all separately (and use their advantages cash-back scheme and you will get that membership cost back in a year apparently). The aim is to be a one-stop shop for business cover for contractors. Once you get into the TLC35/Survive35 levels of cover then the costs are much the same anyway.

Also IPSE is for any tax investigation, not just IR35, so that's VAT, CT and PAYE/NICs inquiries. AS has been said, it's a no brainer.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

When you sign up for IPSE+ either use this link or use member code MGM1094 and a cute fluffy rabbit somewhere in the world will live to see another day.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/join/IPSEMGM1094

If you buy anything from QDOS use the link below or code QCL57133 or Northernladuk as contact name and a little child will stop crying and be happy.

www.qdoscontractor.com/code/QCL57133
              Last edited by northernladuk; 19 October 2016, 15:30.

Comment

When you sign up for IPSE+ either use this link
                Or use the CUK discount code or any of the other ones that are available via Google...

Comment

Don't guess. speak to them. They've always been really helpful on the phone. It's good you have an idea so can't be over sold but for stuff like this get it straight from the horses mouth.
                  Thanks. I already emailed them (so I can have something in writing) but thought I would get other people's views in comparison to the other companies.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    The IPSE+ package of cover will cost somewhere over £1k if you bought it all separately (and use their advantages cash-back scheme and you will get that membership cost back in a year apparently). The aim is to be a one-stop shop for business cover for contractors. Once you get into the TLC35/Survive35 levels of cover then the costs are much the same anyway.

Also IPSE is for any tax investigation, not just IR35, so that's VAT, CT and PAYE/NICs inquiries. AS has been said, it's a no brainer.
                    Thanks. To be honest, the "over £1k" package is only worth it if you actually want all those additional items - that's not to say they aren't recommended

I didn't realise the IPSE Standard membership covered any HMRC enquiry though.

I assume the standard/success of a QDOS or an IPSE defence are similar ?

Comment

I assume the standard/success of a QDOS or an IPSE defence are similar ?
                      I'd say we don't know. We occasionally get some figures from QDOS about it but I am not aware we have seen definitive numbers of claims or results from either party yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X