• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to shut down my company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to shut down my company?

Hi All and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

I'm struggling with the final steps of shutting down my limited company.

My year end was 30 September and I submitted accounts and tax return for this period.
    However on 23 October, I ceased trading through my company and became employed instead.
    I need to submit final accounts and CT to HMRC and Companies House, but when I log onto HMRC, I don't get the option to select any period after 30 September 2015 for submission of a tax return.

Do I need to send them by mail? I'm getting really confused here!

Thank you!

Are you sure you've done this in the most tax efficient method possible and aren't opening yourself up to fines or problems in the future? If so I'd be speaking to an accountant and seeing how much it will cost for them to help you do this properly.

I guess you'll say there was nothing left so efficiency isn't a problem.......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Year Ebd

Your year end remains 30 Sept 16 unless you change your Accounting Reference Date (ARD) at Companies House and prepare accounts to your cessation date.

HMRC should get automatic notification of the change of ARD but I would advise them in any case so that they can open up the ARD on the CT filing screen for the new period.

Comment

Year End

Your year end remains 30 Sept 16 unless you change your Accounting Reference Date (ARD) at Companies House and prepare accounts to your cessation date.

HMRC should get automatic notification of the change of ARD but I would advise them in any case so that they can open up the ARD on the CT filing screen for the new period.

Comment

Working...
        X