• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch or freeagent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunch or freeagent?

I am thinking changing accountant given that Qdos doesn't do cloud accounting. I have heard about freeagent, and Crunch. Freeagent is just a software, hence which accountant can you recommend?
    Any good experience with Crunch?
    Thanks

Crunch have gone for the huge volume model, never used them but they seem to lack a personal touch and being able to deal with queries beyond the very basic.

They will come on saying how good they are, and they seem hot with PR and all that sort of stuff but they wouldn't be my choice.

Never liked FreeAgent but you'll find lots of fans on here.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      Crunch have gone for the huge volume model, never used them but they seem to lack a personal touch and being able to deal with queries beyond the very basic.

They will come on saying how good they are, and they seem hot with PR and all that sort of stuff but they wouldn't be my choice.

Never liked FreeAgent but you'll find lots of fans on here.
      Great software but you need to learn. Useless for accountancy. General accountancy, most experienced contractors are on the ball. For new contractors or more complex accountancy questions then support team have no idea.

Comment

Freeagent plus a Freeagent partner accountant would be my recommendation.

Disclosure: I'm a Freeagent partner accountant.

Comment

I've been with Crunch for a few years and think they're pretty poor. At least they're cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
            I've been with Crunch for a few years and think they're pretty poor. At least they're cheap.
            I wouldn't call them that cheap nowadays
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm with Gorilla accounting, who use freeAgent, no complaints at all, decent service, answer all my queries.

Comment

I use Maslins with FreeAgent and it's superb, no complaints in fact I think it's a rare case of a great system in terms of functionality and user experience. Accountant's are also very good.

Comment

I've been with crunch for 6 years. Cant complain. Does what it says on the tin.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Freeagent is absolutely top notch. Nothing out there competes with it IMO.

If you need any more info then feel free to contact me - and get a referral discount too....

Comment

Working...
                    X