Crunch or freeagent? Crunch or freeagent?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23

Nervous Newbie

Default Crunch or freeagent?

I am thinking changing accountant given that Qdos doesn't do cloud accounting. I have heard about freeagent, and Crunch. Freeagent is just a software, hence which accountant can you recommend?
    Any good experience with Crunch?
    Thanks

Contractor Among Contractors

Crunch have gone for the huge volume model, never used them but they seem to lack a personal touch and being able to deal with queries beyond the very basic.

They will come on saying how good they are, and they seem hot with PR and all that sort of stuff but they wouldn't be my choice.

Never liked FreeAgent but you'll find lots of fans on here.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    Crunch have gone for the huge volume model, never used them but they seem to lack a personal touch and being able to deal with queries beyond the very basic.

They will come on saying how good they are, and they seem hot with PR and all that sort of stuff but they wouldn't be my choice.

Never liked FreeAgent but you'll find lots of fans on here.
    Great software but you need to learn. Useless for accountancy. General accountancy, most experienced contractors are on the ball. For new contractors or more complex accountancy questions then support team have no idea.

Contractor Among Contractors

Freeagent plus a Freeagent partner accountant would be my recommendation.

Disclosure: I'm a Freeagent partner accountant.

More time posting than coding

I've been with Crunch for a few years and think they're pretty poor. At least they're cheap.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite View Post
    I've been with Crunch for a few years and think they're pretty poor. At least they're cheap.
    I wouldn't call them that cheap nowadays
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Still gathering requirements...

I'm with Gorilla accounting, who use freeAgent, no complaints at all, decent service, answer all my queries.

Super poster

I use Maslins with FreeAgent and it's superb, no complaints in fact I think it's a rare case of a great system in terms of functionality and user experience. Accountant's are also very good.

More time posting than coding

I've been with crunch for 6 years. Cant complain. Does what it says on the tin.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Freeagent is absolutely top notch. Nothing out there competes with it IMO.

If you need any more info then feel free to contact me - and get a referral discount too....