• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy to Let situation is sad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's never been regular extended fall in house prices in the UK. However, past performance is not an indication of future performance.

In 1996, the average house price was about 500K CHF. Now it's about 400K CHF. See, it's happening already! Meanwhile my house was 450K GBP, and now it's about 800K GPB.

I'd sell and move back, but the UK is cold and wet.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      There's never been regular extended fall in house prices in the UK. However, past performance is not an indication of future performance.

In 1996, the average house price was about 500K CHF. Now it's about 400K CHF. See, it's happening already! Meanwhile my house was 450K GBP, and now it's about 800K GPB.

I'd sell and move back, but the UK is cold and wet.
      Switzerland, like Japan, does not have a huge immigrant influx.

In particular, it does not have influx of immigrants who are crims.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        Property will always be fine as long as you keep it for long enough - at least 5 to 10 years, say.

I am one of the fools who has been saving for his whole life. Wish I had gone into BTL insted. Not for a quick profit, just long term security.

At the moment, my savings allow me to be on the bench without drawing benefits I am entitled to, doing the gov a favour. Ok ok I still thing saving is good, but strewth.
        Yeah sounds good via the subsidiary approach, although I doubt you could transfer funds to the subsidiary to be invested in property as an expense (ie saving corp tax in the parent comany)?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Switzerland, like Japan, does not have a huge immigrant influx.

In particular, it does not have influx of immigrants who are crims.
          25% of Swiss residents are immigrants.

And the fact that Japanese women tend not to want to have children explains why immigrants also don't want to move there.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If anyone here has done a buy to let (via subsidiary company) I would like to talk to you)
            Last edited by KentDogWalker; 7 April 2016, 12:09.

Comment

A what?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foobar View Post
                The average Japanese who bought at the peak of the market in 1990 still has a house worth less than what they paid for it.
                I was referring to the UK market.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  A what?
                  From the article:

Fret not though, because there’s a solution via us and the largest provider of limited company buy-to-lets which allows the property to be owned by a wholly owned subsidiary of your contracting company. This not only allows contractors to benefit from the relief on mortgage interest, but also allows the deposit funds to be transferred in a manner which creates no further tax liability. In a nutshell, it reduces the costs of both funding and running the buy-to-let.
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                    From the article:

Fret not though, because there’s a solution via us and the largest provider of limited company buy-to-lets which allows the property to be owned by a wholly owned subsidiary of your contracting company. This not only allows contractors to benefit from the relief on mortgage interest, but also allows the deposit funds to be transferred in a manner which creates no further tax liability. In a nutshell, it reduces the costs of both funding and running the buy-to-let.
                    What could possibly go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                      What could possibly go wrong
                      Have to admit that was exactly my initial reaction as well but don't know enough about it.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X