• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporation tax deduction for VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporation tax deduction for VAT

Hi,

I have formed a ltd company and am on the flat rate VAT scheme.

If I buy a pay as you go phone for £500, can I claim the full £500 as a corporation tax deduction or can I only claim the pre vat amount as a deduction as I am on VAT flat rate scheme?

Any answers would be welcome.

Thanks

Lee

Have you asked your accountant?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Did you ask your accountant?™
      Last edited by Eirikur; 12 April 2016, 14:31.

Comment

Have you asked NLUKs accountant?

Comment

The 500 would be an expense for the company in full when on the frs for vat.

This then decreases the company profit and the amount of corporation tax you pay.

It would not decrease your corporation tax by 500 it would decrease by 20% of this as this is the rate of CT paid on profits currently.

Comment

If I buy a pay as you go phone for £500, can I claim the full £500 as a corporation tax deduction or can I only claim the pre vat amount as a deduction as I am on VAT flat rate scheme?
            Don't you mean if your business buys the phone surely?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Don't you mean if your business buys the phone surely?
              Not necessarily. "If I buy it for business use, what can I claim back from my company?" is a perfectly legitimate question, just worded different. We love you being a twunt, just not a pedantic one.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Not necessarily. "If I buy it for business use, what can I claim back from my company?" is a perfectly legitimate question, just worded different. We love you being a twunt, just not a pedantic one.
                It is but that isn't what he asked and I'll bet he doesn't understand it well enough to ask that one.
                Anyway... It was a better reply than the one I wanted to put so am quite pleased with myself actually.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  It is but that isn't what he asked and I'll bet he doesn't understand it well enough to ask that one.
                  Anyway... It was a better reply than the one I wanted to put so am quite pleased with myself actually.
                  Have you even got an accountant would have been what I was expecting from you.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Have you even got an accountant would have been what I was expecting from you.
                    Yeah but some young pretenders beat me to it. Thought I try the pedantry route to help educate the OP.

Comment

Working...
                    X