• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice please - backdating pension contributions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fidot View Post
    I happened to speak to my IFA yesterday and this came up. he explained that you have to use the current year's 40K allowance first. Then, if you wish to contribute more, you use (year-1)'s allowance, then (year-2)'s before you can use (yera-3)'s.
    That is correct.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Just as well - as I've got no brain...

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      But I was just musing as the whether that scheme would actually accept them.
      There needs to have been a scheme in place but you don't have to put your backdated pension into that scheme. I looked at putting my three years into my company scheme but they wanted 5%. Hargreaves Lansdown wanted 0%. No brainer.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X