• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

no 2017 SJD spreadsheet? any alternatives?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no 2017 SJD spreadsheet? any alternatives?

Not surprising if they've stopped putting it in their free downloads, really going to cause me problems though, anyone know of a decent alternative?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Antimus View Post
    Not surprising if they've stopped putting it in their free downloads, really going to cause me problems though, anyone know of a decent alternative?

Thanks,
    Erm..Hire an Accountant / Use Free Agent?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Erm..Hire an Accountant / Use Free Agent?
      This. You shouldn't be running your business of a free spreadsheet IMO
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have an accountant to do tax returns and end of year, etc. but I like to manage my own finances as much as I can. I can use one of the paid services but do we really need to hash out the argument about apps vs spreadsheets again?
        I prefer spreadsheets, end of conversation, either stay on topic or please join another discussion.
        Thanks!

Comment

I prefer spreadsheets, end of conversation, either stay on topic or please join another discussion.
          Thanks!
          Ohh someone is a bit touchy. You come one free forum, ask for some advice that's questionable and then throw the teddy out if the cot. Way to go you.

You asked for a reasonable alternative and you got one. How is that not on topic?
          Last edited by northernladuk; 22 April 2016, 09:23.

Comment

Not free (£45) but I use

DIY Accounting Software, Small Business, Payslip Software, Tax Return, Limited Company UK
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have an accountant to do tax returns and end of year, etc. but I like to manage my own finances as much as I can. I can use one of the paid services but do we really need to hash out the argument about apps vs spreadsheets again?
              Thanks!
              It's not exactly difficult to create your own spreadsheets for basic book-keeping. I did this when I started contracting 4 years ago and they've been fine. Occasionally need the odd tweak. I doubt it took more than a couple of hours to get them working properly.

A spin-off benefit for me was it gave me a good insight into the accounting fundamentals of running a small business.

Comment

Could you keep on topic please!!

OP - Drop this guy a line and see if he will give you a copy of his...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2242459

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You asked for a reasonable alternative and you got one. How is that not on topic?
                  I apologise, when I said alternative I meant alternative spreadsheet. I have the option of sending all my receipts to my accountant to do the leg work but I like how I can just open the spreadsheet and see everything I need, without paying £20/month to another company to store basically the same information online.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  OP - Drop this guy a line and see if he will give you a copy of his...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2242459
                  Might do, looks like he's gone way beyond the call of duty, I suppose there are always extremes in every case. Thanks

Comment

I am out of this thread - another one from "someone who knows the cost of everything, but the value of nothing..."
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X