• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I will never use Gorilla Accounting.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    They're on ICAEW but I don't know if that means they're bound to their rules or not?

Gorilla Accounting. The ICAEW Chartered Accountants Directory
    I would imagine they are but I'm not 100% on this to be honest.

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
      I would imagine they are but I'm not 100% on this to be honest.

Martin
      Contratax Ltd
      About Find A Chartered Accountant

You can be confident that all firms listed have at least one ICAEW Chartered Accountant and are monitored by ICAEW.

guess so!

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        About Find A Chartered Accountant

You can be confident that all firms listed have at least one ICAEW Chartered Accountant and are monitored by ICAEW.

guess so!
        Thanks pr1, good to know!

Comment

Their marketing campaign clearly worked as it generated a 5 page forum posting and get everyone talking about them.

Comment

Originally posted by BurdockTheContractor View Post
            Their marketing campaign clearly worked as it generated a 5 page forum posting and get everyone talking about them.
            It's the second thread it's generated, unless you hold to the absurd axiom that any publicity (even bad) is better than no publicity then you'd need a particular mindset to see either as a triumph rather than a screwup.

I object to their marketing strategy of spam mailing, it's left a negative impression which has overwritten the generally positive one that a few posters who had switched to them had established. In their shoes I would be pretty upset by that.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              It's the second thread it's generated, unless you hold to the absurd axiom that any publicity (even bad) is better than no publicity then you'd need a particular mindset to see either as a triumph rather than a screwup.

I object to their marketing strategy of spam mailing, it's left a negative impression which has overwritten the generally positive one that a few posters who had switched to them had established. In their shoes I would be pretty upset by that.
              Well said.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Why I will never use Gorilla Accounting.

It is very strange that certain posters are getting so wound up about an accountants marketing activity. If it was their accountancy standards or service levels I think these comments would carry more weight.

Chill out, if junk mail is all you have to worry about then count your blessings.
                Last edited by Waldorf; 1 May 2016, 07:56.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                  It is very strange that certain posters are getting so wound up about an accountants marketing activity. If it was their accountancy standards or service levels I think these comments would carry more weight.

Chill out, if junk mail is all you have to worry about then count your blessings.
                  Some junk mail is an issue though e.g. charities.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X