• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOB for HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I'd agree if it were a sole trader that I'm taking on but why should any limited company be different to any other? Would they ask Accenture or EY for personal details of all consultants coming on site? I doubt it.
    I amended my post to include the answer to this sorry...and I bet they do. If not have a contract in place indemnifying them if that's even possible.

But that said, the wording is very woolly and on that basis alone they should carry the checks out to be on the safe side IMO.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 5 May 2016, 15:43.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Should be but with current level of fines and nightmare legislation around it you can forgive a client for doing their own diligence. I certainly would if it was the other way around.

Also all the guidance is aimed at employers who employs staff under a contract of employment, service or apprenticeship. Am sure a client will believe you are the middle one so they are obliged to check.
      Are you calling us employees????

At what size of supplier does the onus change? If there are two, three, four consultants or what?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Are you calling us employees????

At what size of supplier does the onus change? If there are two, three, four consultants or what?
        Not a clue.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X