• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have a friend(well okay someone I work with) who is with Dynamo and watching this thread very carefully to see who jumps ship.
    We'll never know I guess. Just like I assume the majority of Dynamo / FB clients will probably never know who Darren really was.

FYI Hentons have deleted the tweet which pictured Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      FTFY.

As to the first, if they were up-front about it, and explained what controls they had in place to protect clients, I'd have been fine with that. Second chance and all that. Better that he work than be on benefits, and I'm not opposed to helping with that.

As to the second, if they made a mistake and have thoroughly reviewed to make sure there's been no fraud, and taken steps to make sure it never happened again, I'd probably be fine with that, too. Again, second chance, this time for them.

That's not what happened, though.
      I think most folks would take the pragmatic, rather charitable view too. But I think one of the quite telling things that seems to be emerging is that, just like a leopard can't change it's spots, Upton/Roberts can't change his demeanour. I rather think that given the choice of telling the truth and being humble or taking a chance and hoping to get away with it - I think every single time, Upton/Roberts will take the second choice. I really suspect he just can't help himself.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thread of the year, well done to all in outing the swindler.

qh with a golf clap. ?
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at Fox-Bartfield View Post
          Very true about the awards. I’m back from holiday next week and sending across to Admin copies of my photo ID when get back. As for reasons leaving Dynamo as previously posted, I’ve known the tax partner in the main practice for over 25 years having trained together so the guys there have know me for many years. Left because of the level of partnership offer received from them and differences in vision, plus the Bartfields opportunity being too good to turn down in light of the above offer.
          Does this mean Dynamo knew of his history if he knew the tax partner for 25 years?

With thanks to my mate "IHaveAnIphoneX-YouHaveASamsung-ImSorryToHearThat" for pointing this out to me. And he is still wondering what other Dynamo clients will do.....

Comment

Does this mean Dynamo knew of his history if he knew the tax partner for 25 years?

With thanks to my mate "IHaveAnIphoneX-YouHaveASamsung-ImSorryToHearThat" for pointing this out to me. And he is still wondering what other Dynamo clients will do.....
            I reckon that's BS.

Hentons (who own Dynamo) look like a decent outfit. Darren was helpful, friendly and had something about him here. I reckon they probably saw that in the interview and because of this they weren't as diligent checking his work history as they should have been. That being said it could be true as it seems strange they would launch Dynamo without already having a head of department in place.

Given the work history on his LinkedIn Fox Bartfield absolutely know who he was. Adam Barton has some big questions to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
              I reckon that's BS.

Hentons (who own Dynamo) look like a decent outfit. Darren was helpful, friendly and had something about him here. I reckon they probably saw that in the interview and because of this they weren't as diligent checking his work history as they should have been. That being said it could be true as it seems strange they would launch Dynamo without already having a head of department in place.

Given the work history on his LinkedIn Fox Bartfield absolutely know who he was. Adam Barton has some big questions to answer.
              Hmmm, interesting

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simongraytax trained at Tait Walker

Tait Walker is one of the companies that's listed on DR's profile too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Hmmm, interesting

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simongraytax trained at Tait Walker

Tait Walker is one of the companies that's listed on DR's profile too.
                That I didn't know. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to this.

Comment

I reckon that's BS.
                  Well, considering the source you'd have to think that's a possibility. But....
                  Darren was helpful, friendly and had something about him here. I reckon they probably saw that in the interview and because of this they weren't as diligent checking his work history as they should have been.
                  So they made him head of a department, not knowing where he'd been anytime in the last five years or confirming any of his work history? Without any evidence that he'd not been an involuntary guest of Her Majesty? 'Nice to meet you, we haven't confirmed your credentials or history, we hope you know your stuff and you seem nice, here's the key to our new division, go for it.'

IMO DJU was speaking truth on that. MS' Tait Walker discovery fits it. At the very least, someone they knew convinced them he was good enough to do the job (they were right). Someone at Henton's knew.

Questions he will only answer for the authorities, if forced to, and not to anyone else. That's dead certain.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    Someone at Henton's knew.
                    I'm starting to come around to that view.

Comment

I'm starting to come around to that view.
                      Me too

Comment

Working...
                      X