• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know everyone would like me to address all the points on this thread, but please appreciate we are restricted on legal grounds from discussing or commenting on the personal details of any employees or former employees.

I can confirm that Darren Roberts joined Fox Bartfield at its inception early last year, following his successful tenure as Head of Contractor Services at Dynamo. Mr Roberts has now left the business.

As Senior Manager with overall responsibility for contractor services at Fox Bartfield since May 2018, I have personally overseen the affairs of all our contractors. My clients have always received the highest level of service and will continue to do so moving forward. I treat my duty of care towards my clients with absolute importance and will always take the time to confirm and explain any accounts or tax filings to ensure they are happy with how their affairs are being looked after.

If anyone is looking for any advice or assistance, please feel free to get in touch and I will do everything within my power to help.

Comment

I don't think that takes us very far forward, Dom. This might:

1. Does your duty of care to your clients include confirming the identity of everyone who works at Fox-Bartfield?

2. Does your duty of care include confirming the work history, including that on Linked-In, of everyone who works at F-B? If someone who worked at F-B had a misleading work history on their Linked-In, would that concern you?

3. Just hypothetically, do you think it would undermine your credibility with your clients if they were to learn that you had someone working with their sensitive information who is an ex-convict, and not just any ex-con, but one who defrauded his accountancy clients?

4. Just hypothetically, if some of your clients had reason to believe you'd had such a person working on their accounts, do you think the above statement would reassure them?

These are not questions about Darren Roberts. These are questions about you and your credibility and trustworthiness, and what your view of your 'duty of care' really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
        I know everyone would like me to address all the points on this thread, but please appreciate we are restricted on legal grounds from discussing or commenting on the personal details of any employees or former employees.

I can confirm that Darren Roberts joined Fox Bartfield at its inception early last year, following his successful tenure as Head of Contractor Services at Dynamo. Mr Roberts has now left the business.

As Senior Manager with overall responsibility for contractor services at Fox Bartfield since May 2018, I have personally overseen the affairs of all our contractors. My clients have always received the highest level of service and will continue to do so moving forward. I treat my duty of care towards my clients with absolute importance and will always take the time to confirm and explain any accounts or tax filings to ensure they are happy with how their affairs are being looked after.

If anyone is looking for any advice or assistance, please feel free to get in touch and I will do everything within my power to help.
        Dom, no-one's doubting that you and Darren have both provided great service - that's why many of us signed up with Dynamo, and why many of those customers followed you to Fox Bartfield.

However, whilst it is credible that Dynamo did not know his real identity (although it does raise questions about the thoroughness of background checks), it is not believable the Fox Bartfield did not know. The Persons of significant control at FB are the MD of Generate FS and his partner (who is also a director), who provided Darren with a 'work history' while he was in prison. They are not people I would want to trust my accounts with.

I liked Darren and found him helpful and efficient, which is what makes this so disappointing. I also like you, but really do have to question your judgement in who you've chosen to work with, and that's a shame as there's nothing to suggest you have done anything wrong apart from that poor judgement.

My personal advice to you would be to break ties with FB and get yourself a job with a reputable firm where your obvious good work ethic and customer service will allow you to succeed without this cloud hanging over you.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          My personal advice to you would be to break ties with FB and get yourself a job with a reputable firm where your obvious good work ethic and customer service will allow you to succeed without this cloud hanging over you.
          Or become a filthy contractor and sell your soul to the highest bidder.

But everything else MS said.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Or become a filthy contractor and sell your soul to the highest bidder.

But everything else MS said.
            Or do a Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Or do a Darren.
              But I don’t like model trains
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                But I don’t like model trains
                Or Newcastle United.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Or Newcastle United.
                  Or Prison...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

What grounds?
                    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

This really offers nothing in the way of conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                      X