• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSCs and travel expenses since April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSCs and travel expenses since April

Can somebody confirm that I'm right in saying the new ridiculous "supervision, direction or control" test for travel expenses only applies to those operating through an intermediary other than their own company and that for those operating through a "PSC" then IR35 is the relevant test for travel expenses?

That's the impression I was under but yet...
    24 month rule - different example - yes or no? | UK Business Forums

More quality advice from UKCA?

(And yes that does appear to be another thread from everyone's favourite JSA claimant)

Yes that's correct. The only impact on PSC's for the new travel & subsistence claims - is that if you are caught by IR35 (inside), you are no longer able to claim.

However if you are not caught by IR35 (outside), you can continue to claim these expenses.

The same rules then apply in regards to 'temporary workplace' - 40%/24 months.

Comment

Your posts are correct, the other posters to UKBF that disagreed with you are incorrect. If you're operating through a PSC, which is not an MSC, then SDC does not apply, rather IR35 applies both for IR35 status and eligibility for T&S, subject to the usual conditions on T&S being allowable (acronym carnage ).

Comment

Thanks, just checking I wasn't going mad. The references I posted were pretty buried and hard to find but I was sure I'd read them before.

Comment

UKCA continuing to spout the same rubbish over there as he did here:

Nobody is wrong - it's your opinion and intreparation of the rules which as David has pointed point out is a different intrepraration given by a respected tax lecturer.

Your link supplied is HMRC guidance only which we all know can be wrong.

Until tested in a court of law we will not know how the new rules will pan out - justs look at the IR35 cases bought before the courts which HMRC were confident of wining and lost.
          I feel sorry for his clients.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            UKCA continuing to spout the same rubbish over there as he did here:

He's got 2634 posts on that forum. I'd dread to see what they all say.

I see his website is still down. He might be qualified and have happy customers etc but on the face of things he looks a total shambles.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Exactly how many times does PC need to ask the same question?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Jeez, that thread is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  Oh, JFC, the penny just dropped The same UKCA. Seriously, if UKCA is really an accountant, they might want to... reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Exactly how many times does PC need to ask the same question?
                    Are there any other places he could ask it?

Comment

Working...
                    X