• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business car lease, paid from personal account.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And you are doing what about that?

Resorting to asking a bunch of strangers about something that is pretty complicated and generally not a good idea isn't really the solution.

yea that sounds right too, change accountant ? nah, he is worth what he is being paid I might seek someone experienced and known

Comment

Originally posted by muds View Post
      yea that sounds right too, change accountant ? nah, he is worth what he is being paid I might seek someone experienced and known
      Sorry but that's just ridiculous. A good accountant saves you money. Putting up with a crap one that's potentially going to cost you more in the long run is a pretty silly. Mine costs me less than 80 quid a month and I'm very happy with them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry but that's just ridiculous. A good accountant saves you money. Putting up with a crap one that's potentially going to cost you more in the long run is a pretty silly. Mine costs me less than 80 quid a month and I'm very happy with them.
        80 sounds pretty nice, guess I need to shop around for some good ones then, want to share your accountant details if that's permitted on this portal ?

Comment

Originally posted by muds View Post
          80 sounds pretty nice, guess I need to shop around for some good ones then, want to share your accountant details if that's permitted on this portal ?
          I'm with Gorilla Accounting who also offer FreeAgent as part of the package so would recommend giving them a call.

There are other options around the same price. InTouch post regularly on here, nixon Williams and a raft of great guys that offer regular advice to the forums that appear to know their stuff.

Maybe one of the questions you could ask when investigating who to go ylto could be 'If I was interested in a company car how would you advise me'. A good answer would be to give them the details and they will run the numbers for you. Just a thought.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 8 June 2016, 12:49.

Comment

How does yours come in at under £80 a month when their standard offering is £102?

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
              How does yours come in at under £80 a month when their standard offering is £102?
              Hmm. Good point well made. Should have checked the figures first. 85 +VAT but you get two months free. Wasn't too far off for the point still to be valid but fair cop.

Comment

At £80 the tight fist in me was about to check this Gorilla out but since its only about a tenner cheaper than mine i cant be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
                  At £80 the tight fist in me was about to check this Gorilla out but since its only about a tenner cheaper than mine i cant be bothered
                  If you are happy with them then yeah not really worth it. I took two rate rises at SJD and stayed as was happy enough. The service let me down so I left. I'd he hard pressed to leave someone I trust just on cost alone.

Comment

If you are happy with them then yeah not really worth it. I took two rate rises at SJD and stayed as was happy enough. The service let me down so I left. I'd he hard pressed to leave someone I trust just on cost alone.
                    I was with SJD and price was going up very often and service going down. Made a great move and happy enough with Crunch, some things could be better but on the whole they meet my needs at this time.

Comment

NLUK lets slip his gorilla VIP fee

Comment

Working...
                      X