• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New supercard is out (perfect for overseas purchases)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New supercard is out (perfect for overseas purchases)

The new http://supercard.io app is available in the apple app store from which you can apply for a new card.

One benefit over the previous one is that its now using Mastercard exchange rates rather than visa ones... (they are a little better but not much)

Downside is that ATM transactions are now subject to a 2.99% fee. Thankfully I can just use my http://www.getmondo.co.uk card for that (yes you have to top the account up but there is no ATM charge and it also uses the Mastercard rates)..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I tried (and failed) to get on the pilot for that a while back.

I've recently started using Revolut - slightly different to the supercard, as you load money onto the card and can then convert it to numerous foreign currencies. It uses the Interbank exchange rate, so no FX loading - supposedly this gives the best rate going. Use it as a Mastercard, and also withdraw at ATMs (although there is a charge if you withdraw over a certain amount a month).

Comment

The cash withdrawal charge seems high to me? Wasn't the pilot card free for cash withdrawals? How does it stack up against Halifax Clarity card now for use abroad?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        The cash withdrawal charge seems high to me? Wasn't the pilot card free for cash withdrawals? How does it stack up against Halifax Clarity card now for use abroad?
        Yep which is why I added the prepay mondo option for atm usage
        Last edited by eek; 14 June 2016, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yep which is why I added the repay mondo option
          Thanks, I will take a look at that.

Comment

Yep, yep, as a(nother) pilot user, I got the comms on this and have the new app installed...agree that it is a shame about the ATM charge - my usage has generally all been card transactions, but I liked to draw currency in cash when I first arrived somewhere too
            latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Are you using this for business or personal spending? Or both?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                Are you using this for business or personal spending? Or both?
                Both. I swap card as appropriate and business transactions usually hit the correct business card

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Clarity is 0% on ATM withdrawals, so much better than Supercard - shame they changed that from the pilot scheme.

Looks like Supercard for transactions, linked to a card with a decent loyalty scheme, and Clarity for cash withdrawal might be the way forward for me.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                    Clarity is 0% on ATM withdrawals, so much better than Supercard - shame they changed that from the pilot scheme.

Looks like Supercard for transactions, linked to a card with a decent loyalty scheme, and Clarity for cash withdrawal might be the way forward for me.
                    It might not be worth it. I recall the Clarity card exchange rate is OK?

Comment

Working...
                    X