• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is there any iphone app for contractor to manage invoices and expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any iphone app for contractor to manage invoices and expenses

Hi All,
    I am IT contractor and I am sick of managing the my own limited company. Have to spend hours and hours to prepare invoices and submit to client and prepare VAT and expenses. Was thinking if there is a way I can manage these all from my iphone.

Something can allow me to create invoices (repetitive task), email it to my client and accountant and mage my expenses for accounting purpose.

Currently looking some app in app store but they are expensive.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by m786 View Post
    Hi All,
    I am IT contractor and I am sick of managing the my own limited company. Have to spend hours and hours to prepare invoices and submit to client and prepare VAT and expenses. Was thinking if there is a way I can manage these all from my iphone.

Something can allow me to create invoices (repetitive task), email it to my client and accountant and mage my expenses for accounting purpose.

Thanks for your help.
    First things first, may I suggest a spelling app
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

For the VAT/finance/accounting side, you want to use an accountant, preferably one who understands contracts.
      For the Invoices, use Word/Excel (on your iPhone, iPad, Laptop or whatever)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A bit of a sledgehammer approach perhaps, but have you thought about switching to FreeAgent for your accounts? Invoicing, expenses, tallying it all with your bank etc.... Are very quick, very simple and accurate. It has to be worth looking at as it does what you need and tons more stuff too. There is a FreeAgent smart phone app too.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I am IT contractor and I am sick of managing the my own limited company.
          Shut it down and go brolly or permie.

Comment

I am a big FreeAgent fan ( other online accounting packages are available ).

It makes running a simple company very easy indeed. I use it for time-tracking, invoicing, submission of VAT returns and my personal tax-return.

I reckon I spend less than 3 hours a month on it and usually issue around 30 invoices per month.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              I am a big FreeAgent fan ( other online accounting packages are available ).

It makes running a simple company very easy indeed. I use it for time-tracking, invoicing, submission of VAT returns and my personal tax-return.

I reckon I spend less than 3 hours a month on it and usually issue around 30 invoices per month.
              Sounds right. I only have one invoice per week. It takes me probably 20 minutes a week on average to keep everything up to date. Even doing dividend payments is a cinch. Expense claims are simple and take a few seconds. You can even set up recurring invoices if you need them. I would have swapped to FA years ago if I'd known how good FA was. But, my then accountant wanted more money for doing a lot less work when he offered an FA account. So I swapped to another accountant this year charging about 45% less every month including FA, and never looked back. Better, quicker service and far cheaper.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                A bit of a sledgehammer approach perhaps, but have you thought about switching to FreeAgent for your accounts? Invoicing, expenses, tallying it all with your bank etc.... Are very quick, very simple and accurate. It has to be worth looking at as it does what you need and tons more stuff too. There is a FreeAgent smart phone app too.
                I'd say it's a perfect idea and not a sledgehammer at all. It will do exactly what the OP wants and only take few minutes a time. Plus a raft of other stuff he hasn't mentioned like reconciling the bank account etc.

One thing that does strike me is where is his accountant is all this. Don't they help with VAT or give him some tools to help? If he is struggling so much I'd guess he's got accountant problems as well.
                If that's the case then try a new accountant that offers FA as part of the package. I'm with Gorilla accounting that do and one or two of the other accountants that post on here might be able to help.

I can't help think the OP is also exaggerating a little bit if he says it's taking hours and hours though...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I'd say it's a perfect idea and not a sledgehammer at all. It will do exactly what the OP wants and only take few minutes a time. Plus a raft of other stuff he hasn't mentioned like reconciling the bank account etc.

One thing that does strike me is where is his accountant is all this. Don't they help with VAT or give him some tools to help? If he is struggling so much I'd guess he's got accountant problems as well.
                  If that's the case then try a new accountant that offers FA as part of the package. I'm with Gorilla accounting that do and one or two of the other accountants that post on here might be able to help.

I can't help think the OP is also exaggerating a little bit if he says it's taking hours and hours though...
                  Agreed. I can't see it would ever take that amount of time.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Define expensive?
                    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
                    X